Facepalm cases

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,327 113
what the hell kind of made in buttfukcistan implant shears in half when you havent even drilled in in completely yet.
That one was fully integrated for years. That is a stress fracture from improper occlusion/function.
Think keep bending a metal coat hanger back and forth until failure.
It is an implant from a well know company. @Darwin @Soniq care to use your skills and make a guess?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,447 61
That one was fully integrated for years. That is a stress fracture from improper occlusion/function.
Think keep bending a metal coat hanger back and forth until failure.
It is an implant from a well know company. @Darwin @Soniq care to use your skills and make a guess?
Use original they said. It's "better" if you do they said. We care they said.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,447 61
S

Stella02

Ratings
I packed 3 cases, they all had the same acrylic. So why why WHY do two of them come out looking nice pretty and the way they should be and one comes out looking like it a different acrylic shade, not properly packed?!

Attachments

DavidW

DavidW

Ratings
If they were packed with the same mix at the same time it was probably either under packed or your pressure clamp failed during processing

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,447 61
I packed 3 cases, they all had the same acrylic. So why why WHY do two of them come out looking nice pretty and the way they should be and one comes out looking like it a different acrylic shade, not properly packed?!
Did you mix these up in one batch and then pack them all at the same time? The last one packed can have some oddness if it takes too long.

The two things I know can cause this:
A)
Using cold cure liquid with heat cure powder. I know someone that had issues bench bottle got refilled then it was noticed. Label EVERYTHING.
I use cheap sticky nametags from the dollar tree/everythings a dollar stores.
20180828_132218_HDR.jpg
B)
Not having enough material in the flask. It's not enough to fill the void when packing. You must compress the acrylic, not just fill the negative. I had one that had this issue. It was Original shade and looked slightly more orange and had pinhead bubbles.
When I packed it I thought, "Hey, this will be the first one with no waste, great!" as I barely had any flash on the first pack and with that I closed on the second compression. This issue was the result. You need to overpack. Significantly.
My solution for this was to rebase. I process on a dup model, so I still had the original and made a new processing dup. Then coated the original with ADS's APS separator and waxed the teeth to the ridge enough that I could be certain of a perfect transfer and then completed the waxup on the dup. Then redid the whole pack and cure. This time with 2x the standard 10ml to 21g. Yes, I weigh it out instead of going by volume. It's worse than sifting flour, you never get the same measurement twice with this stuff.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,447 61
That moment when you realize you are making professional level Billy Bob teeth. For real. Where did I go wrong? (That's rhetorical you smartaleks :) )

20181203_144616.jpg

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!