Facepalm cases

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Case i posted before was half year ago. That dentist send me new case. Look at
canine
View attachment 30982
This begs the question I've wondered about for years. When do you send something to the State Board of Dentistry. What would be bad enough for them to not circle around the dentist and give you trouble for the temerity of suggesting that DDS does not spell God.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This definitely needs to go to the state board... first do no harm? harming innocent enamel is a crime.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
All these dentists go to school, some at the top of the class, some at the bottom. When they graduate they ALL have DDS behind their name! It looks like this guy was way past the bottom of the barrel!!! Yup, send these pics to the state board.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think it takes multiple filed incidents or gross negligence for them to do anything..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Aurum had a dentist like this 8 years ago. Had. corporate paid for a new set of good fresh prepping tools. he sold it on ebay and continued doing bad work like this.

so corporate disassociated themselves.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A case like this needs a real lab to work on it. Not some hobbyist who'll piss and moan about what should be.
Focus on the profit and tell the dr to keep up the good work!

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
This begs the question I've wondered about for years. When do you send something to the State Board of Dentistry. What would be bad enough for them to not circle around the dentist and give you trouble for the temerity of suggesting that DDS does not spell God.
Maybe his hand piece went out and he had to use his Craftsman Drill from Sears.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe his hand piece went out and he had to use his Craftsman Drill from Sears.
I know you're being facetious, but the thing with this that really got my ire was that it was not a one time thing. This moron actually believes this a perfectly acceptable clinical standard. I shudder to think what something would look like that was at this clinical standards level that was a real problem or even a 'that'll be okay'.
And moron is too kind. Morons cannot absorb enough data to get a college degree. This is wilful destruction and criminal lack of care.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I know you're being facetious, but the thing with this that really got my ire was that it was not a one time thing. This moron actually believes this a perfectly acceptable clinical standard. I shudder to think what something would look like that was at this clinical standards level that was a real problem or even a 'that'll be okay'.
And moron is too kind. Morons cannot absorb enough data to get a college degree. This is wilful destruction and criminal lack of care.
I know. We have a couple of characters too. One prides himself on his parallel walls (prep-old school for retention-its a pride thing) on permanent restorations. This extremism is not necessary- the onetwo punch is, he also prides himself in 'conservative' reduction. The combination is infuriating for the entire process as the coping practically glues itself on the die, every time it is removed. There is no room for reduction and no room for porcelain color development. Sorry for the long explanation, I think it is a result of 5 years of frustration. I'll stop the shop talk. I find the best way to not become a whiner is to not whine. :rolleyes:

At least we don't have to deal with blatant malpractice.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know. We have a couple of characters too. One prides himself on his parallel walls (prep-old school for retention-its a pride thing) on permanent restorations. This extremism is not necessary- the onetwo punch is, he also prides himself in 'conservative' reduction. The combination is infuriating for the entire process as the coping practically glues itself on the die, every time it is removed. There is no room for reduction and no room for porcelain color development. Sorry for the long explanation, I think it is a result of 5 years of frustration. I'll stop the shop talk. I find the best way to not become a whiner is to not whine. :rolleyes:
It's ok Mrs. G. here have some wine :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
best way to deal with that kind of doc mrs G, use a CNC. handmade stuff is just a pain, but computers can precisely determine blockout, undercuts, and mill things that will be able to be removed and be thin in the right zones to get porcelain on.

plus, no more need to use your eyes. computer can determine the mistakes in perfectly paralleled walls.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
CHL. I like you, and your input is thoughtful. The milling we have seen is just not up to our (or our doctors) standards. I am sure your work is better than what we have around here. You are right about the eyes though. Laugh

Our desired outcome is different from most. We have a lab because we don't plan to make a pile of money (no hires!). We like precision hand work, I have to laugh because our business model is almost exactly the opposite of normal. The benefits of all our bad choices is many. No commute, no a-hole boss, no destructive co-workers, luxuriously quiet mornings, adequate money, no rent/mortgage (we spent 30+ years preparing for this). I am still waiting for the 'I have arrived' feeling. I am pretty sure that won't happen haha.

I totally understand your viewpoint. I just won't spend tens of thousands on a machine that will be obsolete in a year (we would have to expand in order to pay the loans and volume requirements),just to be tied to dongle fees and upgrades. Not to mention a Big Brother type relationship with the manufacturer. On the other hand I would love to learn CAD. I love computers and the 3-D stuff would be awesome! I don't mind the learning curve.

In all sincerity, I am not trying to piss you off. Beer

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, thats fine. when i have my way you won't have to spend the money on the tech though. when i have my way this high level precision will be available to you through a service that you simply pay to use instead of pay for the case.

this way its affordable for everyone, my volume climbs, and my profit can be based on the value customers have in continued service, instead of simply offering finished product cheaper.

it also cuts my costs down to nearly nothing, because it wont be me buying materials.

i'll let you stew over how exactly this would (will) work.

Top Bottom