Facepalm cases

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
We have this one doctor from one of those corporate offices that keeps on sending stone models of patients existing dentures and new impressions with no dentures.

Doctor keeps on insisting we should be able to skip the bite registration and go straight to try-in w teeth. Doctor says we should be able to use denture stone models and models from the impressions to get the right bite.

Last doctor's attempt consisted on the doctor calling us several times throughout the day. I guess doctor could not believe we couldn't do it that way Laugh
Yah never forget those kind of idiots...

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
We have this one doctor from one of those corporate offices that keeps on sending stone models of patients existing dentures and new impressions with no dentures.

Doctor keeps on insisting we should be able to skip the bite registration and go straight to try-in w teeth. Doctor says we should be able to use denture stone models and models from the impressions to get the right bite.

Last doctor's attempt consisted on the doctor calling us several times throughout the day. I guess doctor could not believe we couldn't do it that way Laugh

I had one of those. I am sure he though i was taking the piss by trying to explain why it was not possible

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Just say "Oh wise one of the DDS Degreed, such a lowly one as your servant is humbled by your knowledge of things sacred and profane. I ask that you give me in your time but a small portion of the techniques that were bestowed upon you by the most leared men of your schooltribe and educate me in this thing of which I am deficient"

Then run like the wind.

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score

I've had this situation before. Wanted to tell the Doc to stop attempting removable restorations but that would just make me look like an @ hole.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
:eek: Did it really get run over? I dont know which is worse...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
One of those real glad you read the script cases. Immed RPDs max and mand. Doc marked the teeth that stay instead of go, since there were less that were staying...
20180314_145244[1]b.jpg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
One of those real glad you read the script cases. Immed RPDs max and mand. Doc marked the teeth that stay instead of go, since there were less that were staying...
View attachment 29385
Most of mine are either hyrogliphics or indecipherable gibberish of really badly constructed thought.
Worse than no guidance at all sometimes.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Most of mine are either hyrogliphics or indecipherable gibberish of really badly constructed thought.
Worse than no guidance at all sometimes.
I give it back to them if I can't read it. Doesn't even leave their office.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I give it back to them if I can't read it. Doesn't even leave their office.
I don't get to choose, and this lab has a large percentage of God's gifts to prosthodontics. We also have drivers, so it doesn't get read till it hits here.
The thing I find most appalling is how the ability to just write a clear thought has vanished.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't get to choose, and this lab has a large percentage of God's gifts to prosthodontics. We also have drivers, so it doesn't get read till it hits here.
The thing I find most appalling is how the ability to just write a clear thought has vanished.
That's when I pick up the phone and interrupt his day to find out what he wants.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
First prep for that rookie??

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
First prep for that rookie??

How did you know? Actually third crown with me. First two were pfm, both undercut also
but not this bad. Spoke to doc....asks if I would do a relief coping? Try to block and get it to draw now.

Top Bottom