FABULAB

U

Unregistered

Hi I am a lab owner ( very small lab ). I currently teach removable at Middlesex Community College in Lowell Mass. One of my student just did a paper on Versacryl and I had never heard of this product so wanted to investigate. That search led me to your sight. I would like to be allowed to use this sight for education purposes as well as personal. So what do I do next? This is a wonderful idea and I am so happy to have stumbled upon you. Actually I am planning on purchasing the Success System early next month and saw some feed back from one member. I would love to be able to post and get more insights from other lab techs. I have been in the field for twenty or so years and love it! Love teaching it more than doing it now, but still need to pay the bills. I have about nine accounts and work part time teaching and in my in home lab. It is time to expand due to the fact that my husband has lost his job and my students want to work. Any and all ideas on how to expand an existing removable lab would be appreciated. I thought about getting all materials to start making partials, but this might have to be put on the back burner due to cost. I like the BEGO system, it is very costly however. So now I am looking at the Entera unit and Success. I thought if I could offer my accounts more choices it would expand buisness.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
First off welcome to the sight, please take a minute to register so that you may enjoy all the benefits of a registered member.

Congratulations on the teaching aspect. Sharing our wonderful craft to people considering it as a career is great. Its very difficult in this day to find people willing to put in the time to learn and still understand its many years before one can make a living wage at it. Besides offshore outsourcing I think its the single worst thing to affect our industry is the lack of motivation on new techs.

As for expanding your business there are a few threads on this forum that may be beneficial to you. Please take a moment to review what ha been posted by using the Search feature.

Again welcome to the sight, we are glad you here.

Kreyer

Kreyer

Reaction score
Hi I am a lab owner ( very small lab ). I currently teach removable at Middlesex Community College in Lowell Mass. One of my student just did a paper on Versacryl and I had never heard of this product so wanted to investigate. That search led me to your sight. I would like to be allowed to use this sight for education purposes as well as personal. So what do I do next? This is a wonderful idea and I am so happy to have stumbled upon you. Actually I am planning on purchasing the Success System early next month and saw some feed back from one member. I would love to be able to post and get more insights from other lab techs. I have been in the field for twenty or so years and love it! Love teaching it more than doing it now, but still need to pay the bills. I have about nine accounts and work part time teaching and in my in home lab. It is time to expand due to the fact that my husband has lost his job and my students want to work. Any and all ideas on how to expand an existing removable lab would be appreciated. I thought about getting all materials to start making partials, but this might have to be put on the back burner due to cost. I like the BEGO system, it is very costly however. So now I am looking at the Entera unit and Success. I thought if I could offer my accounts more choices it would expand buisness.

Hello Fabulab,

Where is your passion in removable prosthetics?? What do you do best that clinicians always compliment on? Have you determined where your profit centers are? What is your business model? Answering these questions will guide you in developing a business and marketing plan for expansion.

I would start with the Small Business Development Center which is part of the SBA. They have FREE programs and consulting sessions teaching you how to properly expand your business with the right tools. Business plans, marketing plans, financial projections and reports or funding.

Link for the SBDC in your state..UMass Amherst: Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network | MSBDC

Your passion for your work, teaching and technical prosthetics is quite evident. Good Luck in your impending business expansion!! The profession and industry needs passionate people such as yourself..

Robert Kreyer CDT

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Love teaching it more than doing it now,

Hey, look at that..........someone kiss this person......someone who would rather teach an American than ship their work offshore and resort to being a delivery man/woman. This person deserves some major kudo's......

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Fabulab,
Register, after a few posts, options open up for you.
Things like being able to private message etc.
After that, maybe even before, find any post or complete threads you like and print them out for your students.
Better still, have them sign up as well. Class room access would be a great thing. Most any question concerning any aspect or dental tech work can be answered here.
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
HI Fabulab, love the name, wish I would of thought of it for my lab. Welcome
trisha

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm a graduate of MCC from '79:twitch: So is Kessler still there? Good luck with your teaching and lab.