Extra-soft gingiva resin?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
We currently use Keyprint KeyMask for our gingiva. One of our designers is asking if we can source a softer gingiva material, because he's not thrilled with how well Keymask simulates tissue for some applications. I can't find a Shore hardness rating for Keymask, and I haven't worked with many of this specific type of resin, so I don't know where to start with this. Can anybody vouch for a product that ends up softer than KeyMask once post-curing is complete? Alternately, just giving me KeyMask's Shore hardness would set me on my way, because competitors tend to have that info available.

Last edited:
H

highlandhour

Reaction score
Hey, did you end up finding a nicer soft tissue? I was just in Chicago at the annual Lab Day and I found a very nice 3D printed soft resin done by the company called HeyGears. Check it out. Great stuff. I'm up in Canada and currently having trouble where to source it out, and they don't seem to be answering my phone calls.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
We currently use Keyprint KeyMask for our gingiva. One of our designers is asking if we can source a softer gingiva material, because he's not thrilled with how well Keymask simulates tissue for some applications. I can't find a Shore hardness rating for Keymask, and I haven't worked with many of this specific type of resin, so I don't know where to start with this. Can anybody vouch for a product that ends up softer than KeyMask once post-curing is complete? Alternately, just giving me KeyMask's Shore hardness would set me on my way, because competitors tend to have that info available.

Have you tried lower cure time? I cure keymask for only 1 minute and it is very soft

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Hey, did you end up finding a nicer soft tissue? I was just in Chicago at the annual Lab Day and I found a very nice 3D printed soft resin done by the company called HeyGears. Check it out. Great stuff. I'm up in Canada and currently having trouble where to source it out, and they don't seem to be answering my phone calls.
HeyGears is notoriously hard to contact. When I was shopping for a 3d printer, I left messages, sent emails, even texted the person who was supposed to be my rep. Ended up buying elsewhere.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
1 minute as in the light cure? How many flashes?
yes. I use a NextDent Lc-3dPrint box curing unit. My gingival material list cure time at 4minutes, comes out very hard. I cure for 1minute and
it is soft but still cured. not sure about ottoflash flashes. play around with reducing number of flashes and see what you like.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Oops- no, but we ended up changing or design parameters a little to get better results from our existing resin. Still interested, but it's been on the back-burner for a while because we've made do.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Why bother printing a model with a soft tissue? When I design my implant models, I just cut the model with the crown design. I messed around with printing a soft tissue when we first got a printer, but I soon started rethinking the reason for the soft tissue. On an analog model, it facilitates the scanning and building/finishing of a crown. For digital, I find it unnecessary except that it looks nice.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Why bother printing a model with a soft tissue? When I design my implant models, I just cut the model with the crown design. I messed around with printing a soft tissue when we first got a printer, but I soon started rethinking the reason for the soft tissue. On an analog model, it facilitates the scanning and building/finishing of a crown. For digital, I find it unnecessary except that it looks nice.
Sounds like you are using 3shape. In exocad I have not found this option, so I too have to print soft gingiva in order to know what part of the crown to polish. I use Asiga dentagum and I am not post curing it. That way it is soft. Another option is to cure it (it will be like stone after curing) and then boil it for one hour in water (official instruction).

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't deal with that side of things, but I asked our QC supervisor, and he said they're very useful for checking if you're going to unacceptably-crush soft tissue when the dentist is torquing the screws down, and that we get more remakes if we don't simulate the gingiva. I gotta take his word for it.

A

Aliux

Reaction score
I use Gum Mask from DentalMakers.. for me it's very soft and easy to print

Top Bottom