Experiences with Sirona IOS and other design software

L

labguy5381

Reaction score
Good day to all,
I have some questions about working with Cerec IOS offices. We used to be a Cerec lab but several years ago we moved completely into 3-Shape. However, we want to tap into the Sirona IOS market. Right now we are having to convert files to STL and pay a per case fee to make that conversion. It only allows two files per case, and the STL files we receive are of poor quality. We are a smaller lab and really don't want to design in both 3-Shape and Cerec if we can help it. What is the most efficient way to tap into this Sirona IOS market? Are you paying the yearly fee and downloading complete folders into another design software? If so, are these STL files the same quality as the original DCM Sirona files? What are your experiences with this market?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Not sure why your stl files are poor quality. How and who is converting the files for you? As per pay per case vs buying the annual fee for unlimited cases, I guess it depends on how many you do and which is the overall cheapest and or fits into your workflow and business model the best. We do a lot of sirona connect cases, the ones I design with inlab fit great as well as the stl files I convert and send off if I am overloaded.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Sirona allows a yearly fee to use their iOS scan files now?...man they change faster than those candians do their boxers. Last time I checked, you had to buy Sironas scanner to accept iOS files...which was about 35k at that time. You could mill and design in any hardware or software, but had to get their scanner...closed system. Enough said.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Yes you need to have their scanner to accept the files. To clear things up a bit, they offer a yearly fee structure for converting doctors cerec scans recieved through cerec connect to STL. Of course that sucks, but we do a lot of model free cerec connect connect cases and that more than makes up for it. Forget their MC X5 mill, better options out their. Yes, pretty closed system, but it pays for itself and then some if you have a good steady cerec connect clients. Scanner is too expensive and a little slow ( its Sirona what do you expect). I will say it has been pretty reliable. I have had tech come out once since I've owned it in 3 years. Part was over overnighted and repaired following day. Accuracy is very very good, but again there is better value out there.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Good day to all,
I have some questions about working with Cerec IOS offices. We used to be a Cerec lab but several years ago we moved completely into 3-Shape. However, we want to tap into the Sirona IOS market. Right now we are having to convert files to STL and pay a per case fee to make that conversion. It only allows two files per case, and the STL files we receive are of poor quality. We are a smaller lab and really don't want to design in both 3-Shape and Cerec if we can help it. What is the most efficient way to tap into this Sirona IOS market? Are you paying the yearly fee and downloading complete folders into another design software? If so, are these STL files the same quality as the original DCM Sirona files? What are your experiences with this market?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Equipment purchases aren't required to get the software anymore. We purchased the Sirona inLab SW interface module for $2995(Part #70453779) and the inLab Design Station License(Part #70736264) for $95. This gets you access to the 2016 software and it allows Sirona scan exporting, which we import into 3shape. Don't know what finally got them to do this without buying equipment, but they did it and we've been using it for about 5 months.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Equipment purchases aren't required to get the software anymore. We purchased the Sirona inLab SW interface module for $2995(Part #70453779) and the inLab Design Station License(Part #70736264) for $95. This gets you access to the 2016 software and it allows Sirona scan exporting, which we import into 3shape. Don't know what finally got them to do this without buying equipment, but they did it and we've been using it for about 5 months.

The Design Station License is a one time charge. Annual renewal is $2995.

Top Bottom