Expected Time of Return ? Thread

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
I'm hoping this thread will give us all ( Supply companies/Lab techs/etc ) some insight on how each state
is handling this headache & when each state/county is supposed to return to an almost "normal" schedule.
Here in Southern California it sounds like we'll be home till April 30th 2020 unless you're an 'essential' type
of business. I heard labs are an 'essential ' business but.....if 95% percent of dentists are closed it really
doesn't help the labs or us the supply companies. We are still able to send out orders so please feel free
to contact me here on DLN or email me. My personal cell (626) 731-8629. - STAY SAFE OUT THERE !! -

- TD Dental Supply -

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
it is likely that without everyone staying off the streets and staying indoors, the spread will continue for months as contact surfaces are recontaminated.

April 30 is a conservative estimate. even if you don't believe the chinese government figures about infection and dead, it still was 4 months of FORCIBLE containment before they felt safe to open doors.

most other countries have simply asked its citizens to self isolate, and the citizens have just done what they felt anyway. 2 weeks or 6 weeks and its enough, back to business? i doubt it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
I'm not gonna pull punches, I'm not real hopeful.

The most hopefull return to as close as before as we'll get? About 6 months

The most realistic? I think around June. Of 2022.

Unless we lock every border, there will be a continuing threat of re-infection no matter how well any country manages to stamp out their current spread. Either we wait till a month after the last patient recovers or dies on the entire planet, or we find a way to create a vaccine and innoculate 80ish% of the world. That's a realistic version with the way it is going now. We might find a way with some of the drugs under investigation to help someone who gets COVID. covidtrial.io is one effort. But the current status, without just admitting we're killing people for our economy, it's not possible.

Maybe if we go 2 months off, 1 full blast, 2 off, 1 on, just to keep things at a dull roar and prevent everyone and everything from seizing up completely? Who knows.

And folks, at this point we ain't doin' so hot at the 'dull roar' level effort either. NYC has already hit the breaking point. Staff reusing respirators, patients sharing ventilators, and refrigerated trucks to hold the dead.

OP
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
I'm not gonna pull punches, I'm not real hopeful.

The most hopefull return to as close as before as we'll get? About 6 months

The most realistic? I think around June. Of 2022.

Unless we lock every border, there will be a continuing threat of re-infection no matter how well any country manages to stamp out their current spread. Either we wait till a month after the last patient recovers or dies on the entire planet, or we find a way to create a vaccine and innoculate 80ish% of the world. That's a realistic version with the way it is going now. We might find a way with some of the drugs under investigation to help someone who gets COVID. covidtrial.io is one effort. But the current status, without just admitting we're killing people for our economy, it's not possible.

Maybe if we go 2 months off, 1 full blast, 2 off, 1 on, just to keep things at a dull roar and prevent everyone and everything from seizing up completely? Who knows.

And folks, at this point we ain't doin' so hot at the 'dull roar' level effort either. NYC has already hit the breaking point. Staff reusing respirators, patients sharing ventilators, and refrigerated trucks to hold the dead.

6 months? I'm hopeful for a June of 2020 return or at least an %80 return. I have dentists already sending emails saying
they have gotten the " ok " to re-open April 13th. Not sure if that's going to stick as a for sure date but I can see a slight
glimmer of hope as we ' Southern Californians ' have been quarantined since March 13th. If we can return in June that will
be almost 3 months and hopefully this Virus will have passed. ( fingers crossed ! )

user name

user name

Donator
This virus will never pass. Its going to be with us just like all the others, so we're just going to have to deal with it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
6 months? I'm hopeful for a June of 2020 return or at least an %80 return. I have dentists already sending emails saying
they have gotten the " ok " to re-open April 13th. Not sure if that's going to stick as a for sure date but I can see a slight
glimmer of hope as we ' Southern Californians ' have been quarantined since March 13th. If we can return in June that will
be almost 3 months and hopefully this Virus will have passed. ( fingers crossed ! )
You'd have to seal the state border to keep itfrom coming back. Florida, right now, is having State Police at the interstate just at the Ga line to talk to those coming in and tell them to self quarantine if from hot spots. Not gonna happen with most, but, valiant effort.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
This virus will never pass. Its going to be with us just like all the others, so we're just going to have to deal with it.
I see a future where it's like Ebola. Every few years it pops up. But not where we have Cold, Flu and COVID-19 season. I hope not.

user name

user name

Donator
We will always have something to worry about.
#1 predator responsible for human deaths...mosquito.
Leading cause of death on our pretty blue orb...starvation.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
I think we'll see murder go up in a few weeks. Wish I was joking.

Edit: Boy am I a jolly fella today.

WENDY

WENDY

I'm hoping this thread will give us all ( Supply companies/Lab techs/etc ) some insight on how each state
is handling this headache & when each state/county is supposed to return to an almost "normal" schedule.
Here in Southern California it sounds like we'll be home till April 30th 2020 unless you're an 'essential' type
of business. I heard labs are an 'essential ' business but.....if 95% percent of dentists are closed it really
doesn't help the labs or us the supply companies. We are still able to send out orders so please feel free
to contact me here on DLN or email me. My personal cell (626) 731-8629. - STAY SAFE OUT THERE !! -

- TD Dental Supply -
Same :(
No new incoming cases, just finishing what ever cases I have. Some docs wants some cases back asap for pt with leaking/broken temps.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
I think we'll see murder go up in a few weeks. Wish I was joking.

Edit: Boy am I a jolly fella today.
They're already saying that domestic violence has gone through the roof, so murder probably won't be far behind 😡

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
They're already saying that domestic violence has gone through the roof, so murder probably won't be far behind 😡
You see we got the "Stay At Home" official Exec Order today?

The way it reads it's not at any specific time, it's as soon as it was signed if I'm reading it right.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
On that topic. I'm wondering how the law will be handled about 'the one not bleeding goes to jail'

model guy

model guy

Donator
New Hampshire currently has a soft “stay home” in effect until 4May as of last Thursday. In talking with a couple of my local docs they seem tho think that the state dental society will extend the existing shut down until at least that date.

Affinity

Affinity

Theyre already starting to riot in China and Italy... Nobody will stay inside that long... Give me liberty or give me death. What good is being alive if you cant live? The cat is most certainly out of the bag. Pastor in tampa arrested for unlawful assembly, if this isnt martial law what is?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Theyre already starting to riot in China and Italy... Nobody will stay inside that long... Give me liberty or give me death. What good is being alive if you cant live? The cat is most certainly out of the bag. Pastor in tampa arrested for unlawful assembly, if this isnt martial law what is?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
I'm already pan-handling on the street corner hoping on the kindness of my fellow citizens. I don't want to contribute to society anymore. It's a Brave New World...

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Top Bottom