Exocad Users, Stand Up and Share Tips

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thought I would start a new thread to find out who the smarter techs who bought Exocad :D , and share tips in using Exocad.. Since I'm new with my Origin scanner, I will be the dead weight anchor on this thread, and I hope Jason will be the Sails to keep this thread moving alone at the speed of White Light.......
I would like to see any kind of cases from the designing stages to glazed, etc.
Please give the name of your scanner and share anything worth sharing to make 3Shape owners jealous.... :)
Charles

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I had time this week to post the things I want to...but too busy.

You guys have at it for a while.

I join ya soon....

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Thought I would start a new thread to find out who the smarter techs who bought Exocad :D

share anything worth sharing to make 3Shape owners jealous.... :)

Charles

Anyone? Anyone? :) Cricket-cricket

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Taking a deeeeeeeeep breath
Probably easier to say what it won't do, like freeze up or give crazy twisted tooth proposals. I'll have to chime in when I'm near a keyboard lol

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can add any attachment or locator or anything to unlimited BAR design on ANY Implant and send it to anywhere~~~!!!! (or to myself LOL)

ANy Articulator, etc etc...

3Shape software is very similar, (but scanners stink). It is leap-frog game IMO.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_bonghit.png
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_bonghit.png

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
We could do that in 3Shape almost 2 years ago. There are open abutment systems out now that we can send to whomever we like also popcorn

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah, with the bottom mesh of Implants for a Bar.

Show me one....

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Yeah, bars! That was released two Decembers ago.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I guess this thread is going no where.

Enjoy 3Shape. I'm sure it's fine. I'll never know.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
:whistle:

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Rkm!!!!! That was private!!!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Right click your crown proposal and you have the Option to connect to the mesial or distal neighbor if you forgot to set the case up that way originally.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
They like Ron Paul and Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys but would never talk like them in front of their sisters.

hey wait a minute...i dont have Exocad (wish i did) and I likes these guys...but no sisters only brothers...they crack up ....

rex
----

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
When you design a partial attachment case it will Propose a transparent tooth over whichever attachment you choose. You then have the option to move the position of the model and select whichever position you go with to correct parallel. You can also stretch the attachment vertically while keeping the internal connection(ERA) where it need to be to engage correctly.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I never scan the opposing model and I never select the articulator phase in the dentalDB case setup. I always make a putty bite with GC exe lence putty and select putty antagonist. This saves about 50% scan time. When I open the case in exocad I IMMEDIATELY "X" out of the wizard without doing ANYTHING. I then right click anywhere on the screen and select articulator. I can then position the case quickly and run through the functions. When it completes, 8 seconds, I select ok and start the wizard again.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
After positioning of the crown I move on to the final details. I right click on the screen and select view, distance from antagonist. I check all the boxes in the tool bar to turn on all areas of function. I than change the measurement to .25. Anything within .25 of the antagonist in the full range of motion will show the corresponding color depending on distance. I make slight adjustments with free form tools and then X out of the wizard while selecting" save changes". I then right click on the screen and open "edit antagonist" I type in .24 for the occlusion and select cut. I than select adjacent contacts and type in .01 and select cut. I don't have to touch them when they come back and all details are left;)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sorry guys, typing on cell phone

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I do a lot of full contour bridgework. I want the gingival interproximal connection areas to follow that same nice contour. I select free on the connectors tool bar. I hold down control and click on the center green spline. This allows me to add control points. Each one you add on the green spline makes a corresponding control point on each adjacent spline. I then quickly move the control points to make a nice contoured gingival interproximal area where the bridge connections are.