ExoCAD trial

T

Thiago Kempen

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Is there anyway for me to test exocad for some time, like a trial version?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yes, you can contact one of the resellers in your region and buy a demo dongle.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Yes, you can contact one of the resellers in your region and buy a demo dongle.
Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost for a demo dongle? I'm sure that it probably varies from one reseller to another, but just a ballpark would be great.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
$300 or less.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I have a demo dongle sitting in the drawer right now . I will sell it cheap as I don't need it any more but I don't know how it works with the resellers ? ( they may have to install it ) "Then again, looking at my avatar ,I wouldn't by one from me " lol:rolleyes:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It's a special version of exocad with no saving or exporting possible. All that would be needed is the zip file. Unpack and then plug in the dongle.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Resellers have markup. I got mine for $100

200_s.gif

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Why don't you just get a real one, and if you decide later to rather go the 3s@pę way, you can sell it here.
I'm sure you'll keep it.

E

eugen stanciu

Reaction score
I have a demo dongle sitting in the drawer right now . I will sell it cheap as I don't need it any more but I don't know how it works with the resellers ? ( they may have to install it ) "Then again, looking at my avatar ,I wouldn't by one from me " lol:rolleyes:

hi! i want to buy it! how much it costs?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I tried to get a demo dongle and Exocad would do nothing for me. Same for resellers. I ended up purchasing it. Would love to provide info but too soon to tell. Have only had it for a week or two, very limited usage thus far.
B

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I tried to get a demo dongle and Exocad would do nothing for me. Same for resellers. I ended up purchasing it. Would love to provide info but too soon to tell. Have only had it for a week or two, very limited usage thus far.
B
Would love to hear your opinions once you've had more time with it Bob! Thinking about getting one for myself, but since you've already bitten the bullet, I'd like to know what functionality is missing to see if it's worth it.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your cost?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Not sure what the cost was. I'm really not that involved in my lab these days. Just call any distributor.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
Wait, so you have to pay to see something they want to sell to you? I do not know how it works in US but in UK when we were deciding what scanner and software we want to buy, we could get any scanner to try in lab for a week for free, same was with demo of any CAD or CAM software.

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Not in the US or perhaps not for my lab, not sure.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey all,
As I had stated, I have little to do with my lab and have misrepresented the facts. My lab did indeed receive a demo dongle form Exocad as well as purchase the license.
Sorry for misrepresenting what happened..
B

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Here is my experience with the demo dongle:
  • Exocad offers a demo dongle through resellers.
  • The cost of the dongle is a deposit that is refunded after the dongle is returned.
  • Exocad does not make the dongle, it is a product they purchase from a software licensing company that makes dongles. Exocad must buy the dongle from that company.
  • The demo dongle is not an area of profit for Exocad or their resellers, they are just covering the cost of the dongle with a deposit. Any extra cost might be for training or support while you use the software.
  • If you decide to keep the dongle then you lose your deposit and you own the dongle.
  • The trial version lets you test the interface and tools in Exocad but it does not allow you to save or export anything.
  • Your reseller can provide you with sample files to test with your CAM software and mill or printer to make sure everything works the way you want before you buy.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Here is my experience with the demo dongle:
  • Exocad offers a demo dongle through resellers.
  • The cost of the dongle is a deposit that is refunded after the dongle is returned.
  • Exocad does not make the dongle, it is a product they purchase from a software licensing company that makes dongles. Exocad must buy the dongle from that company.
  • The demo dongle is not an area of profit for Exocad or their resellers, they are just covering the cost of the dongle with a deposit. Any extra cost might be for training or support while you use the software.
  • If you decide to keep the dongle then you lose your deposit and you own the dongle.
  • The trial version lets you test the interface and tools in Exocad but it does not allow you to save or export anything.
  • Your reseller can provide you with sample files to test with your CAM software and mill or printer to make sure everything works the way you want before you buy.
There are also sample cases in the database to try the various modules.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'd like to know what functionality is missing to see if it's worth it.
The only functionality missing is the ability to save stl and export. You will get a basic understanding of how the software works, but without the ability to save stl files the real magic of exocad is undiscoverable.

Top Bottom