Exocad tooth libraries into 3 shape

S

Salahuddin Zeb

Reaction score
Hello i recently shifted from exocad to 3 shape. Is there any way that i can import the exocad libraries into 3 shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no. exocad libraries are encoded into proprietary format files called sdfa. there is no converting tool for this outside of exocad.

most places offer both 3shape and exocad libraries so you can likely just download 3shape copies from the same vendors.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Most of the exo libs are in EOFF format which are easily converted into STL's... even SDFA's can be converted with a bit of elbow grease

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have seen some but don't know who has them. Basically the ZZ libraries. Exo has some nice teeth libraries. The only way is to convert the files to stl then create the new ones in 3shape. Long time ago you had to import the exo file in exo and save or convert to stl. I forgot who told me but i don't know for sure

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
usually I hear that technicians are switching from 3shape tp Exocad not the other way around

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
from exocad, you can save the tooth as stl. right click on empty screen, save scene as stl. just make sure it's only the crown that's showing.
and ensure you are not trying to save a tooth from a tooth card, or any of the Zrs libraries which are locked.

Top Bottom