exocad settings

S

silesia

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
This is my firs post so please be patient.. After years of working with 3shape I decided to try exocad and seems to me that the software does not have a primary cement gap settings.
I am referring to the cement gap of 0.02mm in default settings for wax copings in 3shape. The only cement gap to adjust in exocad seems to be the secondary (additional) one.
Am I interpreting it correctly or is there more to it?
Any advice/observation is welcome.
Thank you all

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Far be it from me to be giving exo advice,:rolleyes: but here’s my screen in the DB project screen (if you open the “advanced parameters” line on the right) as shown here. These are my settings for zirc for my main milling center. Another one I use,the “Gap width of Cement” has to be 0.04 and this one uses a Roland 51D.
You should be able adjust any of the settings in pic, and they should be your new default per material & per client.
What do you mean by “secondary”?

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
This is my firs post so please be patient.. After years of working with 3shape I decided to try exocad and seems to me that the software does not have a primary cement gap settings.
I am referring to the cement gap of 0.02mm in default settings for wax copings in 3shape. The only cement gap to adjust in exocad seems to be the secondary (additional) one.
Am I interpreting it correctly or is there more to it?
Any advice/observation is welcome.
Thank you all
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

There is an exocad wiki that is quite helpful if you manage to think the way they did setting that up.

And here's the page that will likely give ykur the answers you seek. If not, well, i've misunderstood many things before too.

S

silesia

Reaction score
Hello again,
Thank you all for the advise, I will try the proposed sites today.
The secondary cement gap in 3shape is called "extra". Primary gap is applied over entire prep, while secondary usually starts a set distance from the margin.
So the total cement gap is a sum of two, except at margin line, where only primary spacing applies.

user name

user name

Reaction score
In Exocad when you are on the first page called DB, you enter the Dr, patient, select teeth and material. Thats where all cement gaps milling parameters tied to particular materials are set. You can modify anything you want, and it will stay that way for each material for that particular Dr.

Once you are in the design phase, you can customize cement gaps at the 'crown bottoms' phase, but its only for that restoration and wont be saved for future cases. At any point during design, you can click 'expert' and access the crown bottoms to make changes.

If youve completed everything but decide to go back and loosen it up, or add a bit of extra gap around sharp edges, just load the case, select expert, delete merged parts, select crown bottoms, make your changes and then click Wizard to remerge the parts.

S

silesia

Reaction score
Got it! We are back in business!
Thank you all for the great support, your advice is truly appreciated.
Jack

S

SpeedDMD

Reaction score
In Exocad when you are on the first page called DB, you enter the Dr, patient, select teeth and material. Thats where all cement gaps milling parameters tied to particular materials are set. You can modify anything you want, and it will stay that way for each material for that particular Dr.

Once you are in the design phase, you can customize cement gaps at the 'crown bottoms' phase, but its only for that restoration and wont be saved for future cases. At any point during design, you can click 'expert' and access the crown bottoms to make changes.

If youve completed everything but decide to go back and loosen it up, or add a bit of extra gap around sharp edges, just load the case, select expert, delete merged parts, select crown bottoms, make your changes and then click Wizard to remerge the parts.
I know this is an older post and I am new to this but I was trying to go back to do what you described to a completed crown and I must be doing something incorrectly. I select the crown bottom but there's no option to make the changes. If I hit Okay, it deletes it. Can you please elaborate on how.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I know this is an older post and I am new to this but I was trying to go back to do what you described to a completed crown and I must be doing something incorrectly. I select the crown bottom but there's no option to make the changes. If I hit Okay, it deletes it. Can you please elaborate on how.
Sadly user name passed away last year, but if you follow to the letter user post it could solve the issue

S

SpeedDMD

Reaction score
Sadly user name passed away last year, but if you follow to the letter user post it could solve the issue
Thank you for the reply. I tried and I could not get to a point that I can change spacer settings.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Its rather simple when you see the steps.
- click Expert.
-Hidden in the white strip/bar on the bottom, click Delete Reconstructions.
In the box that pops up, click OK.
-back to white strip on bottom and select Bottoms.
-Make your changes to your parameters - OK
- then go back to Wizzard, then
- Im Done / Save Anyway / Copy / OK.
- Replace File in Destination............Done

this is what works for me. Good Luck!

S

SpeedDMD

Reaction score
Its rather simple when you see the steps.
- click Expert.
-Hidden in the white strip/bar on the bottom, click Delete Reconstructions.
In the box that pops up, click OK.
-back to white strip on bottom and select Bottoms.
-Make your changes to your parameters - OK
- then go back to Wizzard, then
- Im Done / Save Anyway / Copy / OK.
- Replace File in Destination............Done

this is what works for me. Good Luck!
Thank you. I think what was throwing me off is that I was trying to change spacer on a ti base crown. I can during initial setup but I don't think it actually works because it's based on the stl provided by the implant company

S

SpeedDMD

Reaction score
So the spacer option was not available when I tried in expert mode

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Hmm..... that I don’t know.
did you try the steps for a reg crown? to see if some thing different happens?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
If you're using a dme from the implant library, crown bottom is already dictated by the program given for your dme selection. ie its on auto-pilot.,

Top Bottom