Exocad Parameters

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The CNC controller should be testing the tool diameter and gets adjusted in the actual mill.

Not the CAM, not the CAD.....

This is the way it is done correctly. There may be other approach, but not as accurate.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
You are welcome to call me and we can fight about it! LOL

804-285-0777

I'll sing you a song as well.

Today is Karaoke day in the lab! LOL

I'm not fighting. I'm cool and calm over here. Just trying to have a civilized conversation here.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I am joking Devon.

Just trying to get you to understand....

Even if you don't, just believe me and move on. ??

I cannot explain it any more clearly.

Maybe someone else can try?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Let's put it this way. My machine's smallest tool is 1mm. I have to set it at minimum 1.1 in order for the corners of a crown to be expanded enough for shrinkage. And thus, fit.

end of story.

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
As, we know milling bur is the vital contact point between milling machine & the dental material. It bring the advanced features the market demands at an attractive price point . What about 1.0mm/2.0mm imes-icore?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
ask the guys who sold you the mill.

That's where I got my information. Straight from Kavo Germany.

O

o.kadlecova

Reaction score
Good idea I always wonder what would be the best value for Anticipate Milling?

I haven't read the whole thread so sorry in advance if I'm repeating myself.

When we switched from a default CAM manager to Dental Softworks which allows us to use custom burs and make custom CNC toolpaths, I had to measure all the tools and set up all the values manually. The guys from the company told me, that you need to adjust your design (before CAM) for your burs. If your thinnest bur is 1 mm wide, it needs at least space that's +10% bigger that the bur itself. Therefore I'd assume, that in a case like this, the anticipate milling value would be 1.1 mm.

Hopefully it helps.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

When we switched from a default CAM manager to Dental Softworks which allows us to use custom burs and make custom CNC toolpaths, I had to measure all the tools and set up all the values manually. The guys from the company told me, that you need to adjust your design (before CAM) for your burs. If your thinnest bur is 1 mm wide, it needs at least space that's +10% bigger that the bur itself. Therefore I'd assume, that in a case like this, the anticipate milling value would be 1.1 mm.

Hopefully it helps.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome to the pool!

Nice splash on that cannonball.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

Hopefully it helps.
is that you Olga? nice to see you again!