Exocad modules

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hi guys! Been 3Shape user for almost 10 years and lately I've had it. Implant/bar works or with combination with normal C&B became nightmare. I want to give a Exocad a try for a period of time to see how it performs and then if necessary I'll dump 3Shape. Paying like 2400 EUR/year and was not able to install splint studio due to some birocracy is unaceptable.

So, mainly two q for you guys...I'm doing mainly C&B, implants, bars, some splints, models and here and there internal RPD constructions for locator removables. From what I see I would easily miss full dentures, jaw motion and dicom viewer...not sure about Trusmile and this Tooth library, are just libraries, any useful ones? More or less I'm using in 3Shape FAB libraries which have really nice morphology especially in posterior region...

How much do you pay for Exo? I know there were times when it was cheaper than 3Shape, now reseller wants aournd 10k EUR plus 2400 for perpetual/ugrade option or 5k plus 3600/year for flex option, both for ultimate bundle package...

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I was in your shoes not too long ago. I benefited from purchasing a demo dongle. It's about 15O-300 depending on the reseller. You can try everything exocad offers with one exception. You cannot save the file. It's great to get a feel for it. After that I would probably go with a flex license to remove any financial obligations down the road. It may cost you more if you do decide to go with exocad but at least you know for certain. In terms of price if you get the unlimited it is $2,500 for the upgrade. I'm using Old Dominion Milling company. Jake is is great and not at all a nickel and dime type of reseller.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Here to second that Jake does a great job with support. I'm not sure, but I don't think they (Exocad) offers a demo dongle any longer. Call Jake.

S

Safaa

Reaction score
Hi guys! Been 3Shape user for almost 10 years and lately I've had it. Implant/bar works or with combination with normal C&B became nightmare. I want to give a Exocad a try for a period of time to see how it performs and then if necessary I'll dump 3Shape. Paying like 2400 EUR/year and was not able to install splint studio due to some birocracy is unaceptable.

So, mainly two q for you guys...I'm doing mainly C&B, implants, bars, some splints, models and here and there internal RPD constructions for locator removables. From what I see I would easily miss full dentures, jaw motion and dicom viewer...not sure about Trusmile and this Tooth library, are just libraries, any useful ones? More or less I'm using in 3Shape FAB libraries which have really nice morphology especially in posterior region...

How much do you pay for Exo? I know there were times when it was cheaper than 3Shape, now reseller wants aournd 10k EUR plus 2400 for perpetual/ugrade option or 5k plus 3600/year for flex option, both for ultimate bundle package...
Hello Mr. Rokiee,
Exocad is a great software and I believe it is way better and easier than 3Shape. You may text me 5128259521 for more details

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I was in your shoes not too long ago. I benefited from purchasing a demo dongle. It's about 15O-300 depending on the reseller. You can try everything exocad offers with one exception. You cannot save the file. It's great to get a feel for it. After that I would probably go with a flex license to remove any financial obligations down the road. It may cost you more if you do decide to go with exocad but at least you know for certain. In terms of price if you get the unlimited it is $2,500 for the upgrade. I'm using Old Dominion Milling company. Jake is is great and not at all a nickel and dime type of reseller.
I have demo dongle but I won't design one job twice so this demo dongle is more for kids who like to watch pictures and read no text. Flex license is OBLIGATION to pay ;)

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Here to second that Jake does a great job with support. I'm not sure, but I don't think they (Exocad) offers a demo dongle any longer. Call Jake.
A 3rd for Jake! He's been everything you would want from support since day 1 more than 6 years ago now. Just great 🙂

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Axsys also sells exocad, but demo dongles are hard to come by now, because exocad is also feeling the chip shortage and can't get enough of them to distribute.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you have a demo dongle (I have one that's 4 plus years old) does it run the current version of Exocad? We're current, but don't have some modules that it might be fun to pay around with

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
If you have a demo dongle (I have one that's 4 plus years old) does it run the current version of Exocad? We're current, but don't have some modules that it might be fun to pay around with
you just need the Demo distribution of the latest build and it will run. Demos don't have contracts so they can run anything.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
and soon ill be handing these out to the local high school CAD Teacher/ex-dental-tek :cool:

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
This configurator may help you out.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Ultimate 8.9 K Euro around 2 K per year update the rest makes most times no sense because much more expense if bought single modules

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
A 3rd for Jake! He's been everything you would want from support since day 1 more than 6 years ago now. Just great 🙂
who is Jake?

lets be clear, I don't need State Farm

Last edited: