Exocad Model Maker - bugs w. digital waxup

P

Pictodent-SW18

Reaction score
Hi DLN,

I'm using Exocad model maker to make a printable model with a digital waxup in place, in order to create a retainer (here in this case for a temp bridge). My usual way to go was:

- Design restoration/waxup on model
- Export STL with waxup in place, with "visible parts only" to have the scan data and waxup together in one single STL file
- Open model creator and import the single file to make the model

- However I am always getting bugs around the area of the waxup, it doesn't seem to like the solid pieces (merged waxup) and there are cavities, fragments and other nasty stuff.

Any ideas how to do this?

Many thanks
Chris

Attachments

• CaptureWaxupModel.JPG
    CaptureWaxupModel.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Model Creator was designed to make models from IOS and does it well.

From what I can see in your screen shot you have a few meshes on top of one another. You are asking a lot from the software to make a shell out of all of those surfaces. Get creative with your mesh editing and get the extra layers out of the file. Save as stl. Keep trying your mesh edits in Model Creator using 'solid plateless' model. When you get one that works save it and run it through MC again as hollow model.

P

Pictodent-SW18

Reaction score
Hi 2thm8kr,
thanks, but there were really just the two objects - the jaw scan and merged part, so i could not reduce the number of meshes. With some wiggling i finally made it to something printable for this case but the initial problem remains, even after following your steps...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
there were really just the two objects
That equalls three surfaces. The lingual of the tooth should be edited and removed as should the surface of your added design that rests on the lingual. This will not make it work flawlessly, but Model Creator handles it a lot better.

J

John Vu

Reaction score
Before make the waxup, you should use model creator first to make the model . Or you can edit files after making waxup by using 3D builder Windown 10. If you need help, please contact me on my Facebook page with name John Vu

Top Bottom