Exocad Model Creator

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
One of the doctors has sent me multiple scans for the same patient - missing retro molar pads and other issues. This import from iTero seems to be slightly off on the palate and the model creator will not create a model over it. I tried to smooth the area over in expert mode and it ran a new creation but I still ended with this. Any options? What would you do? Should I return the scan for the 3rd time?
exocrap.png

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Print and make a custom tray? Send the print and or pictures pointing where the scan needs to be better? Thats pretty garbage they can see what they send before they send. Not everyone is a candidate for scanning.

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
Print and make a custom tray? Send the print and or pictures pointing where the scan needs to be better? Thats pretty garbage they can see what they send before they send. Not everyone is a candidate for scanning.
Doc said, "Just make a horse shoe thing for me, I'm not calling this patient in again" -____-

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
You just need to increase the distance from the two planes in the 1st orientation step

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
Send me the file on the first picture, I want to be sure it is model creators problem.
Use this link: https://mill-it.wetransfer.com/
Oh I'm 100% sure it's the scan's fault not model creator - I was just seeing if there was a way to manipulate model creator into completing the palate. Did a horse shoe - we'll see how it fits lol

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Oh I'm 100% sure it's the scan's fault not model creator - I was just seeing if there was a way to manipulate model creator into completing the palate. Did a horse shoe - we'll see how it fits lol
It is always possible to create model with meshmixer.