Exocad Misguided

T

TeethForYou

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Maybe some of you can help me? I'm designing a 6 unit zirconia bridge; but upon designing the crown bottom and moving over to the "import crown library" Exocad seems to flip around the teeth (i've added a picture below as an example) -- also, if I manually attempt to straighten them out and "adapt" to crown bottom, they will then "warp". I will also add an example from a previous case to show the warping.

Do any of you have an idea as to why this happens?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Maybe some of you can help me? I'm designing a 6 unit zirconia bridge; but upon designing the crown bottom and moving over to the "import crown library" Exocad seems to flip around the teeth (i've added a picture below as an example) -- also, if I manually attempt to straighten them out and "adapt" to crown bottom, they will then "warp". I will also add an example from a previous case to show the warping.

Do any of you have an idea as to why this happens?

Your images will need to be hosted somewhere aside from your email for us to see them. At least that's what I got out of the string of nonsense Google spewed when I tried.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
It may be incorrectly assigning mesial and distal when designing in Exocad ,and or assignment of wrong tooth numbers on case

T

TeethForYou

Reaction score
I was able to figure out what exactly went wrong. Some how Exocad switched into a FDI numbering system causing my crowns to appear backwards and mixed around. We switched it back to US and crowns were corrected. Thanks for the feedback 👍🏼 :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I was able to figure out what exactly went wrong. Some how Exocad switched into a FDI numbering system causing my crowns to appear backwards and mixed around. We switched it back to US and crowns were corrected. Thanks for the feedback 👍🏼 :)
That would have been a few hour headscratcher for me! Great that you got it figured out!

FYI, after your next post, you will be able to upload images here.