Exocad gingiva scan purpose?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
For this particular case I wanted to have the gingiva removable so I scanned as extra gingiva scan. I didn’t scan the jaw scan with the gingiva because it would make the gingiva scan just a double scan and pointless. So I start designing and it doesn’t allow you to mark abutment emergence line on the gingiva scan?! So what’s the point of using the gingiva scan? 5E9897AC-5AC9-4878-982E-A5A402E96F8E.jpeg

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
it doesn’t allow you to mark abutment emergence line on the gingiva scan?! So what’s the point of using the gingiva scan?
I work with implants a lot, and I never had an issue with this. I currently run exo 2.4 though.
However, I sometimes do not mark it on this step. I prefer to design the emergence profile on the abutment bottoms step. And I like to trim the gingiva closer to my ideal shape before I scan it. There is also a way to adapt the abutment bottom to the gingiva (here's the video),and helps when the gingiva is pre trimmed or trimmed by the doc to exactly the required shape.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I work with implants a lot, and I never had an issue with this. I currently run exo 2.4 though.
However, I sometimes do not mark it on this step. I prefer to design the emergence profile on the abutment bottoms step. And I like to trim the gingiva closer to my ideal shape before I scan it. There is also a way to adapt the abutment bottom to the gingiva (here's the video),and helps when the gingiva is pre trimmed or trimmed by the doc to exactly the required shape.
So it's pretty weird that it won't let me mark it then huh. I'll continue on likek you said in abut bottoms step.
Thanks for the video, I like that!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Just to keep you up to date on this riveting drama, after skipping the upper abutment and moving on to the lower abutments, it is letting mark the gingiva for those....friggin weird...

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I have had the same issue since updating to Galway. It does not allow mw to mark the emergence profile. The previous version did. My support has not been able to figure out the glitch. I recommend that you contact Dominion, they walked me through it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I have had the same issue since updating to Galway. It does not allow mw to mark the emergence profile. The previous version did. My support has not been able to figure out the glitch. I recommend that you contact Dominion, they walked me through it.
Thanks. Scotty is replying to a thread I started on FB maybe he’ll s suggest more ideas

Top Bottom