Exocad cutback on merged file

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Hey Exocad experts - I have a PMMA hybrid type prosthesis that I am using as a wax-up scan to copy mill out of zirconia. I need a gingival cutback for porcelain. Is there a way to do a controlled cutback line along the gingiva like we do with a veneered tooth restoration? A waxup will allow for copymilling but I miss the reduction window and goes straight to free-form. Free-form isn’t all that precise. How do you guys do that? Is there a way to cutback a merged design?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
gingival cutback is totally an option you have when designing gingiva. as long as you are presented the option to design gingiva you can enable cutback.

if you are trying to cutback something that has already been designed, thats much harder to do.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
gingival cutback is totally an option you have when designing gingiva. as long as you are presented the option to design gingiva you can enable cutback.

if you are trying to cutback something that has already been designed, thats much harder to do.
I am trying to cutback something that has already been designed. Best option I’ve found was with the paint+pull. Feature in freeforming. Hoping that maybe someone has any other suggestions.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if its already been designed, you're not going to have an easy time.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I don't remember how I did it, but I got the option to make the cutback to already merged job by painting the part on the mesh and then selecting how big of a cutback I want. It is probably in in the expert mode.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
I don't remember how I did it, but I got the option to make the cutback to already merged job by painting the part on the mesh and then selecting how big of a cutback I want. It is probably in in the expert mode.
If you think of it, let me know. That’s what I was looking for but can’t seem to find it. I found the paint and pull feature which may be an option. Thanks for the thoughts.

D

DanieB

Reaction score
Something that might work is opening the merged file, go into expert mode and change reconstruction type so that you are able to reduce. Then delete the merged mesh and when you go back into Wizard it should automatically put you into the process of cutting back the design you have. I hope this works out for you, I just tried it out on a finished full contour design myself.

Top Bottom