Exocad - Articulator based on design

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way in Exocad to view the articulator movements based off of some of the designs in the project and not just the scanned models? ie. I am designing a full roundhouse. I have the incisors designed and I now want the posterior teeth occlusion to be adjusted dynamically based on the guidance provided by the anterior teeth just designed. I know I can turn teeth on/off from the SCAN, but can I have the occlusion dictated by other designs in the project?

Right now the articulator just runs thru the paths of the jaws that are prepped, which doesn't help all that much...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Experiment with saving the anteriors in position on the prep model in the coordinates they are in now.
Start another job with just the posterior teeth selected for design and manually import the prep model with your anterior design in position as the jaw scan.
Run the articulator and exocad will now use your anterior design instead of the preps.

You can also experiment with articulator type B and set the incisal guide table parameters to see if that gets you what you want.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Experiment with saving the anteriors in position on the prep model in the coordinates they are in now.
Start another job with just the posterior teeth selected for design and manually import the prep model with your anterior design in position as the jaw scan.
Run the articulator and exocad will now use your anterior design instead of the preps.

You can also experiment with articulator type B and set the incisal guide table parameters to see if that gets you what you want.

thanks for the input - I’ll try that. By the end, I need to have the anteriors connected to the posteriors. Do you think once the posteriors are designed in that second project I could export the whole model as one stl file and import that back into the original project as a pre-op model?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
thanks for the input - I’ll try that. By the end, I need to have the anteriors connected to the posteriors. Do you think once the posteriors are designed in that second project I could export the whole model as one stl file and import that back into the original project as a pre-op model?
Yes, or import all the teeth as a wax up and connect them in expert mode. This will be a great exercise in saving the designs in the proper coordinates and re-importing.
This should give you a good insight into what is possible with your imagination and going outside of the normal work flows in exocad.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Hey! I can confirm with the new Plovdiv build that you can set the articulator to use the pre-op or waxup design when running in movements, similar to how you can create a model and have it use that or not when running movements.

This way you can import an existing pre-op for bite registration, then design your own bridge from scratch while keeping their current jaw in mind.

Hope that helps!
- Josh