Exocad and Space Explorer Mouse

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the 3D space explorer mouse from 3dconnexion with Exocad and specifically the Medit scanners? I have been using one with the D900 3shape scanner for a year now and its become an invaluable tool for me facilitating a very fast design due to the multiple movements that can be done simultaniously. Al from Axysis dental said it might work with exoscan software but said he's not sure if it works with exocad during the design process.
Any input would be appreciated. (As a sidenote, I decided to go with the 2015 Medit Identica Blue scanner and I'm very psyched to receive it and start playing.)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpg I have been using this for two monthes
and I like it. I called the company before I bought it and was told that it is compatable with exocad and 3 shape dental cad 3d oftware. I use it with Exocad.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey ADS,
We have not heard of any problems with the "wired" version of this device, I cannot say that however of the wireless version.
Thank you very much for your business by the way, it is most gratefully appreciated.
Best
Steve

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I use this one every day , with medit SE and Exocad , it's perfect ! :)

But I think you can't use the wireless model ….

May be with the next exocad version ….

space_explorer1.jpg

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I been use a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro with My Medit Blue & Exocad...works great! Makes manipulating things WAY easier

Rick1230

Rick1230

Reaction score
I also use the spacemouse pro

Works great, only the keys 1-4 are no supported at the moment.
I hope that work with the new version of Exo. When there supported the new driver frome 3dConnexion

But when you buy one of them, than not the navigator.
Thats not more than the right mouse button.
By the other you have Strg,alt,.... for the hotkeys

L

login9922

Reaction score
I use 3dconnexion wired mouse in exocad works great!!!

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
I have the wired one also. Sweet!:) So you're saying that it works during designing too? Can someone post a short video of the workflow with the space explorer when u get a chance?
Thanks in advance.

C

charles007

Reaction score
What's the difference in a space mouse, etc compared to a regular mouse in designing ? what makes it better ?

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
You can combine multiple movements with your left hand. It's quite amazing, it's like holding te model and manipulating it by hand with your left so you can concentrate on action buttobs with the right hand mouse. You're actually using both mice at the same time.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the 3D space explorer mouse from 3dconnexion with Exocad and specifically the Medit scanners? I have been using one with the D900 3shape scanner for a year now and its become an invaluable tool for me facilitating a very fast design due to the multiple movements that can be done simultaniously. Al from Axysis dental said it might work with exoscan software but said he's not sure if it works with exocad during the design process.
Any input would be appreciated. (As a sidenote, I decided to go with the 2015 Medit Identica Blue scanner and I'm very psyched to receive it and start playing.)

I've been using 3D connexion space mouse pro for a few years now. it works with exocad, as it has native support. scanner software is largely irrelevant.

it's simply a must for cad work. there is simply no going back. working without one is like working with one hand.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What's the difference in a space mouse, etc compared to a regular mouse in designing ? what makes it better ?

Charles you're too old to be re training your left hand for this kind of activity.

Best you leave this for the youngin's who are more flexible with their south paws.;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have never had a use for this.

Top Bottom