Exocad and mcx5/mcxl

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am about to buy exocad, but I have but I mill in Sirona. Is it posible to mill stl files in mcx5? I tryed but seems that I can't load the restoration the in the disc, get "file corupt" error. Is there any other way?

Manny thanks, Andrei

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its maybe technically possible but i think you will be in a world of pain as sirona doesnt really like to help non believers very much

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
hi Andrei,
yes you can mill exofiles in your MCXL or MCX5. You need Cam software and interfacemodule ( STL import-export) than import your construktioninfo in InlabCAM all margins should be detected, than nesting and milling.

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Hi Bigbrush, you have a name for this software?

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hi Andrei, this has to work with your Inlab CAM you have with your MCX5.

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Okay, I understand, so how can I acces this interface module?

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Hi Andrei, this has to work with your Inlab CAM you have with your MCX5.
You can talk to Patterson tech support. They will explain how.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Okay, I got it, thanks

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am about to buy exocad, but I have but I mill in Sirona. Is it posible to mill stl files in mcx5? I tryed but seems that I can't load the restoration the in the disc, get "file corupt" error. Is there any other way?

Manny thanks, Andrei

Hi if you have sirona inlab 15+ or higher it has the STL import feature to design and mill STL file from any dental cad software that outputs STL. We have original MCXL's milling 3shape STL emax crowns all day here at the lab.

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Hi if you have sirona inlab 15+ or higher it has the STL import feature to design and mill STL file from any dental cad software that outputs STL. We have original MCXL's milling 3shape STL emax crowns all day here at the lab.
Yes, I know is is, I milled in mcx5, but I have to load the job in mcx5 from desktop, define it, do the margins, and I had some problem with the orientation in the disc, witch will be a problem in implant jobs, and won't be an accurate mill; I mean the machines are able to mill stl but they not too smart with those files.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Yes, I know is is, I milled in mcx5, but I have to load the job in mcx5 from desktop, define it, do the margins, and I had some problem with the orientation in the disc, witch will be a problem in implant jobs, and won't be an accurate mill; I mean the machines are able to mill stl but they not too smart with those files.

I see your problem. the sirona software can only handle simple restorations (basic crown designs) in our version we don't have to define margins. We use the inlab "Cam" only software to do all this. We use our Weiland Select for all the advanced milling ;)

A

Andrei

Reaction score
I see your problem. the sirona software can only handle simple restorations (basic crown designs) in our version we don't have to define margins. We use the inlab "Cam" only software to do all this. We use our Weiland Select for all the advanced milling ;)
Okay, intersting, thanks a lot, i have to figure it out somehow. Thank you

G

grantoz

Reaction score
told you they wouldnt make it easy.

C

Claudia Kremer

Reaction score

Manny thanks, Andrei

I heard there is a $ 3,000 cost to be able to use stl files... I can't remember if it is to export them from Sirona to another system or to accept stl. Can you confirm?

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We have exocad and a mcxl and you have to have an open module to import an stl . We send exocad files to other mills. You can export stl with SW16 software. This is in the US.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I do not have any special licenses and I import .3ox 3 Shape files all the time. There is also a free Exocad file import and .stl import in the Sirona CAM software. It is not in the CAD though.

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
I do not have any special licenses and I import .3ox 3 Shape files all the time. There is also a free Exocad file import and .stl import in the Sirona CAM software. It is not in the CAD though.
We'll have to try that tommorow.

A

Andrei

Reaction score
Exactly, I manage to import one in cam, but like I said, you have to define margins, and the orientation in the disc it's a litle dodgy

A

Andrei

Reaction score
I heard there is a $ 3,000 cost to be able to use stl files... I can't remember if it is to export them from Sirona to another system or to accept stl. Can you confirm?
You can use stl files in cam, sirona's cam it's not that smart with them though, but most lilely yeah; you have to pay Sirona, I will contact my reseller and let you know

Top Bottom