Exocad adding new thickness of Blanks for milling

F

funkyfester

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to add new blank dimensions currently running Ag version with the ceramill motion2. They have stopped supplying Splintec blanks and changed them to A-splint which are a different thickness so I need to change that in my library and cam. Can anyone tell me how to do it? If its editing any xml files im ok with that as I have done it for other things. I cannot update my software as not having support. Thanks in advance!

Karl

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
As far as i know you can not update your camming Library with the AG system. I mean you can edit the XML file but once you do that a message pops up saying you have altered the original file and now the camming software will not work properly. I tested this because i went into the XML to change the background color and to add custom size blanks like you are trying to do and when I went to use the camming software after I changed things, the software would always crash when loading a unit or trying to do anything in the program. Had to re-install the camming software to original way in order to be able to use the software. AG must have some kind of editting protection or something because i tried multiple times changing just the smallest thing like color or font and it always ends with program crashing and had to re-install. Guess AG doesnt want people messing with the software then messing things up and calling them for help to fix. Hmmmm2 Thats where ExoCam has a slight edge because ExoCam and AG's software Match2 are both module works based and are literally the same software just different colors but ExoCam allows you to edit the XML and add your own custom blanks and anything else you wanted to add.

F

funkyfester

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, thought as much with AG. Thank god we are getting a new mill soon, managed to source some last stocks of the 13mm blanks in the meantime.