Exocad 3.1 out now

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Attending LAB DAY 2022 I was under the impression that more robust features would roll out. Maybe I was more optimistic but I could swear that they all but confirmed copy denture and temporary partial (non metal) workflows. From the looks of the information listed non of that is present. What’s your thoughts on the update. Feels like Apple when they offer the new iPhone with the “S” ending instead of the next number up.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is a stepping stone release. what exocad wants for the future is gated behind some of the new features in 3.1: example: automatic software updates, integration with hardware (like scanners and mills),all needs to come through their new my.exocad.com portal.

all the temporary flipper partial workflows stuff was finalized in 7754, what specifically are you needing that wasn't given to you in that update?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
So I still consider myself a noob with CAD. I tend to stay true to the wizards and dabble with expert mode when needed. I mostly do full dentures with exocad. Most of the videos I see of partials dentures are the framework tutorial or flipper designs with no antagonist. Please educate me as I seem to be missing something. I would love to do flipper/ transitional partials with exocad. Am I just a noob that overlooked something?

MedicalChimp

MedicalChimp

Reaction score
Being able to save and re-use tooth designs across cases is pretty huge with exocads limitations on bringing in and re-using waxups if, say, another implant was added to the case. I could see this being a potential massive time saver.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you got Rijeka from your distributor have them show you the sample case for flipper partials. there are i think 2 or 3 samples with different workflows and different adaptibilities, such as flipper next to designed crown, flipper with parts, and straight up temp.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
if you got Rijeka from your distributor have them show you the sample case for flipper partials. there are i think 2 or 3 samples with different workflows and different adaptibilities, such as flipper next to designed crown, flipper with parts, and straight up temp.
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. It’s my fault I never looked into it more. Please forgive my noob-ness with exocad.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm not criticizing you

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Exocad Rijeka vs. Galway.
Thoughts? Advantages?
Hmmmm2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Rijeka gives you Instant Anatomic Morphing everywhere even for singles.

Galway limits that to just bridges

Rijeka saves all tooth setups in dentures and makes them reusable

Galway limits that to just dual arch dentures.

F

FrontierPurchasing

Reaction score
My only issue so far with Rijeka is that the line
<ImplantLibraryAllowUncertified>
seems to do nothing in settings. I've been unable to get non-FDA libraries to load, so am doing implant design on 3.0 still.

If anyone figured out a fix for that setting please let me know!

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
My only issue so far with Rijeka is that the line
<ImplantLibraryAllowUncertified>
seems to do nothing in settings. I've been unable to get non-FDA libraries to load, so am doing implant design on 3.0 still.

If anyone figured out a fix for that setting please let me know!
Any news on the non fda libraries?

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
I have been communicating with support the past few days and the solution they gave me was to download the “generic” exocad

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what support told you that?

it literally violates the reseller agreement to not brand your logo on the software at the bare minimum.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Rijeka gives you Instant Anatomic Morphing everywhere even for singles.

Galway limits that to just bridges

Rijeka saves all tooth setups in dentures and makes them reusable

Galway limits that to just dual arch dentures.
I hate Rijeka, reverted to Galway. Rijeka's default settings are like grand theft auto, not tuned to precise detailing whatsoever and takes over thinking it knows best. Not exactly AI at all. I realize these settings can be modified but not my job and Galway works. Just saying. Stupid Robot 🙄

Top Bottom