Exo IOS implant CAD steps issues.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
No problem , just another cruel joke on us unwitting techs..

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I had Straumann put there Library into my EXO and then I started to get error messages(something with the purebase...). I spoke with my reseller and he mentioned there is a error in the library programming language(xml??) He found a different source for the library so I don't get a error message every time I open Matera up to design. "Just saying"
As always when contacted, Straumann claimed no problems just go about your way and ignore it? The tech I spoke with sent it to level 2? Germany? They are the persons who said to just ignore it?

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Model less work flow is much easier and less variables to control regarding printer resolution, material, operator, phase of the moon......
[/QUOTE]

2thm8kr is truly a scholar and gentleman

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I agree, but I missed something as my printed model didn't match the mouth. The mesial was open but not on model? Today I ran a crown from analog implant model and also printed one from IOS scan(dr. didn't do seperate scan marker scan though) The analog model worked but when I put finished crown on the printed model, mesial is open and bite is off? I have a Nextdent 5100, not sure if I need to change setting as single and bridges seem to work?? The repositionable analog also snaps in nicely? Any Help appreciated. Thanks!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
In addition, the IOS workflow is great, but diagnostics are tough as how to use virtual art. when trying to develop guidance? You cannot shift easily and slowly up to edge then watch come back to centrics from lateral protrusive?? In addition, sometime the diagnostic requires removing material to get symmetries etc. How to remove from original scan after Dx wax up manipulation so you can make provisionals from the Dx wax that'll fit over preop preps. Lastly make a seating jig so Dr. could reline after prepping? Thanks All!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You cannot shift easily and slowly up to edge then watch come back to centrics from lateral protrusive??
Use the slider bar to slowly move through the excursive/protrusive motions of the V.E.
Make a seating jig with the splint module.
For the rest, post a screen shot of what you are trying to do.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Not sure how to use splint module for seating jig? I don't believe I have that module I think I heard you could print a palatal seating jig that dr. could use when inserting temps to maintain same vertical as wax up. I understand how the onlays could be attached to seat anteriors then buzzed off? Thanks for the help.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No splint module, then use offset coping, get creative. There are very little rules in exocad.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I used a different library that was verified by the reseller from someone maybe on here? The library Straumman put on my system caused error codes to keep popping up. I work with Chris B, Aclivi consulting and he found one and put in on my system, it works for variobase and the bdg bars for what I have done so far. Now if I could get their angulated screw channel, then I could use original parts on all their platforms? By the way anyone do surgical guides with EXOCAD, if so do you import the CBCT scan or X-Ray or just scan a model and wing it? Thanks!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
By the way anyone do surgical guides with EXOCAD, if so do you import the CBCT scan or X-Ray or just scan a model and wing it? Thanks!
I'm using exoplan, CBCT data matched to optical scan data.
If you are going to make SX guides in regular exocad CADApp then you are merely making a suggestion as to where the implant might go compared to where it can go so you may as well just wing it. There is no measuring and exactness with an imported CBCT in DICOM viewer module for exocad compared to exoplan.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
So if I get the exoplan, is it a module? Then you import the dental scan from Trios or other IOS, and then import the CBCT scan from surgeon or whomever does it? The CBCT scan, is it a .stl, do you have to manipulate it at all? Youtube video made it look very simple? Thanks!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So if I get the exoplan, is it a module? Then you import the dental scan from Trios or other IOS, and then import the CBCT scan from surgeon or whomever does it? The CBCT scan, is it a .stl, do you have to manipulate it at all? Youtube video made it look very simple? Thanks!
It is pretty simple software to use however you need to be familiar with navigating CBCT data and very familiar with anatomy.
Any stl file can be merged to the CBCT data set, but there are certain parameters that need to be adhered to for the CT data to import into exoplan. It is all described in the manual and I am sure Chris can explain it to you.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Looking to hear from any experts for this. My favorite acct. called needed a screw for Nobel Active RP. He grabbed one from a collegue before I could get back to him. When he took out the old screw that had loosened 2 times he found a shattered implant. Any ideas how that would happen?

implant fail.jpeg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
One reason is over torquing the screw.
Another is loose screw allows the abutment to rock a bit on the platform.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
It's rare, but over torqueing the implant during placement can weaken it as well….

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
So dr. said when he took off the screw retained crown, looked fine until Mr. thirsty,(suction tube),sucked up one wall, then another. He mentioned there was only a little platform left as the rest was shattered(shidooby),and did know how or why. He had said it wasn't the first time the screw had loosened up, so I'm guessing it may have been loose for a period and she was chewing on it and that's what caused the mushrooming and then breaking of the implant.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Anyone have a angle screw channel library for Straumann's angled Variobase? I am also looking for their bdg bar, Straumann said they don't have a EXO version? Thanks in advance!

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
I had Straumann put there Library into my EXO and then I started to get error messages(something with the purebase...). I spoke with my reseller and he mentioned there is a error in the library programming language(xml??) He found a different source for the library so I don't get a error message every time I open Matera up to design. "Just saying"
As always when contacted, Straumann claimed no problems just go about your way and ignore it? The tech I spoke with sent it to level 2? Germany? They are the persons who said to just ignore it?
Hey Mike, I know this is a bit late, but what's the error you're getting? Implant companies have a hard time getting their ducks in a row for Exocad. They still call them DME's. If the error message mentions "unexpected tag Analog" or something, that means they dumped the model creator implant library into your base one. Generally this is the most common. Without seeing it I cant be 100% sure. If you can follow which library it mentions, you can edit the .xml file and see if it has an analog tag; if so, move that implant folder into the modelcreator/implants folder instead.

Good luck!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Looking to hear from any experts for this. My favorite acct. called needed a screw for Nobel Active RP. He grabbed one from a collegue before I could get back to him. When he took out the old screw that had loosened 2 times he found a shattered implant. Any ideas how that would happen?

View attachment 33991
it is possible to start and torque a CC screw without having the abutment in position (off hex) or engaged. the abutment itself acts as a wedge and splits the implant, if you inspect the abutment interface, you will likely see dents on the flat side of the interface. I've seen this twice and suspect this is the reason. Compare it to BL or BLX, the interface engages before the screw does.

Last edited:
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
They were non engaging Ti bases from DESS?

Top Bottom