Erkopress or Drufomat

M

MandyC

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a new pressure thermoforming machine. I had the Triform by Al Dente for 8 years now and it is just not warming the blanks evenly. Very frustrating.

I'm looking at the erkopress or the Drufomat. What's your opinion on these machines? Any other brand that you guys are happy with?

M

MandyC

Reaction score
I would also like to add that it is mainly for dental clinic, not for a lab. Probably making a few (less than 10) retainers/aligners/night guard a week.

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
We have the MiniStar by Scheu and love it (used to have the drufomat, but got rid of it)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a new pressure thermoforming machine. I had the Triform by Al Dente for 8 years now and it is just not warming the blanks evenly. Very frustrating.

I'm looking at the erkopress or the Drufomat. What's your opinion on these machines? Any other brand that you guys are happy with?
I use the drufomat as a pressure pot as well as my thermoform machine. 90psi for repairs is nice.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I second the Scheu Biostar/Ministar machines. Thing is built like a tank

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score

get it fixed. Probably just needs a new element.

J

JonAtDreve

Reaction score
Check out the Drufomat Scan!

6 bars of positive thermoforming pressure.
Super easy to use and it's built like a tank thanks to its uniquely German engineering.
Also Dreve has a huge line of different thermoforming plastics for use with the Drufomat Scan as well. It has a barcode scanner so setup and using the machine is a breeze. I'm a novice when it comes to making dental mouthguards/aligners but it didn't take long for me to feel comfortable using it.

Oh yeah, I'm also a Sales Rep for Dreve America so I'm biased. Give me a call at 218-264-4914 or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want to see if the Drufomat is a good fit!

Ok, solicitation over. Cheers!