Equipment Recommendation-Erkoform, Biostar, Drufomat

A

Andy40

Reaction score
I am a small removable lab looking to add one of these three machines due to increase in bite splints and essix retainers. I am trying to determine which machine has the most capabilities, etc. Anyone have any experience with one or any of these? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks for your input.

Erkodent Erkoform
Great Lakes Biostar
Dentsply Drufomat

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
We have had an Erkoform from Erkodent for about 8 years. It's never given us any issues. The newer one lowers the disc for you when its ready.
The materials they sell seem really good quality too.

The only thing is that you have to get everything through Glidewell.

D

Dena Engel

Reaction score
I've been using the same Biostar dinosaur since the eighties! It still runs and sucks like a champ! :D I've also used the Drufomat and it is great, too. If you use their material, you just scan the barcode on the box and it automatically sets the time for you, but you can't adjust the model, say, if you were trying to center a logo or something.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im a +1 for the Biostar, The main differences between these units are if they use a vacuum to suckdown material, or if they use positive pressure to form the material. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, for example the erkodent allows you to position the opposing model, which may or may not be helpful, ive never used one.. but that isnt possible with a biostar. I make my own mouthguards and the biostar is far superior to any cheap suckdown unit for sure as far as fit, and distortion.. the material stays where it is... also using good material and times is the most critical part. I also use erkodent discs from GW. They arent cheap either.

A

Andy40

Reaction score
I think i narrowed it down to the biostar or the Erkoform 3d. I was wondering if the Erkoform has enough vacuum pressure since there is no air line like on the biostar. Also, can you use biostar material in the Erkoform and visa versa and can the erkoform duplicate models like the biostar?