EP 600 IVOCLAR

F

fotis-84

Reaction score
my name is fotis and i am from greece ,from athens.i am interested of bying the EP 600 furnace from IVOCLAR for pressing ceramics.is anyone who have this furnace? problems maybe?

thank you very much ,and sorry for my english...

Last edited:

Craig

Reaction score
Fortis,

Welcome to the forum. I do have and use the EP 600 and I love the machine. I did have a couple of minor issues with the electronics when we first got it, but Ivoclar took good care of me, sent a loaner while they repaired it. I would certainly recommend the purchase if you can.

Also, they have just come out with a new pressing oven. The EP 5000. It looks really nice, but I haven't used it yet.

I hope this helps,

Craig

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Hi Craig,

What is the different between the two new EPs? Some allceram tech. said the 200 is the best except it is too slow. In addition, I want to buy one EP for my new adventure in all ceramic but can not affort Hi-cost oven. Currently I work on Pentron 3G system and use Cerampress Q50 but still wanted to switch into Empress. I wanted to keep quality work for my clients and highly appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
CleanH2O

Last edited:

Craig

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the differences between the two NEW EP's are. Chances are, one just has more bells and whistles but I'm sure they are both equally accurate and they should both produce excellent results. When it comes to Ivoclar's equipment, you're never going to get bargain prices, but you do always get what you pay for. We've got their pressing oven and their Programat porcelain oven, and we love both of them. But... if you're just now getting into Empress, then I believe you'll have to buy one of their pressing ovens as part of the package deal. We did. If not, and you've already got an oven you're comfortable with, then there is really no reason to upgrade to Ivoclars unless you want to. I know of MANY labs that don't use the EP ovens exclussivley for pressing, and to my knowledge they aren't having any problems with the off brands.

There is a HUGE difference in material between the 3G and Empress though. Be prepared for a slight learning curve here. In order to make Empress as pretty as it can be, then you'll want to do the cut back, preglaze and layering technique. They should cover it to some degree at the certification course. If you have any questions though, don't hesitate to ask.

I hope this helped,

Craig

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used the EP5000 while I was at LVI. Craig is right, it has some pretty neat "bells and whistles". Speaker system, can hook your mp3 player up to it, the circuit board on the front lights up red when oven is hot and blue when cooled. Those were some of the bells and whistles that I saw.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Hi Crag, TheLabGuy

Could you tell me about the new Press oven, the Zubler Vario Press 300. It costs b/w $8k plus. I received the Vario prochure and need your opinions.

thanks

clearH2O

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that exact oven...........However, like i've always said on here, if your just starting out in all-ceramic, go with a press-oven. Much cheaper than a milling unit (30k plus). You can do press-on pfm's, empress, empress II, aunthentic, etc..... I will look into the Zubler Vario and compare with my knowledge and get back to you.

F

fotis-84

Reaction score
i bought ep 5000 ,fantastic machine.i can make pressing and firing...i have no problems yet...but it is a little expensive..

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's great fotis, glad to hear you bought one. What do you like about it the best? let me guess, hooking up your mp3 player to it.......lol I liked it because Ivoclar designed it around their products and I really haven't acheived an exact firing on my ovens like when I used the ep 5000. Kudo's

F

fotis-84

Reaction score
for my emax products is the best...i use e-max press ,zirpress and the the emax porcelain.all-ceram

for the metallceramics, i use the porcelain of ceramco(ceramco 3) and it was realy simple for me to make a program in the ep 5000...but for the ivoclar's products is the best..

but i am not sure if is it right to fire metallceramic in this furnace...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
not sure about firing metal, I guess as long as you don't fire anything that can contaminate (silver) your oven and purge regularly it would seem fine to me. I fire my all-ceramic and metal in the same ovens and haven't had any problems. Although I do captek (has silver in it) and I have to make sure I that I purge about every two weeks.

S

smohit

Reaction score
the new ep 5000 has a system that detects ring cracks if there are any and controlls the press drivr speed accordingly .
Thumbs up fo the electronic press EP 5000

F

Franco 512

Reaction score
my name is fotis and i am from greece ,from athens.i am interested of bying the EP 600 furnace from IVOCLAR for pressing ceramics.is anyone who have this furnace? problems maybe?

thank you very much ,and sorry for my english...
That oven is great oven ,but some of the replacement parts are becoming obsolete. Call Ivoclar for replacement parts info.