EP 5000 error 20. Fuse?

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Checked fuse. It's okay. Muffle? Left message with Patrick Coon for local Ivoclar service center (if any) Will call tomorrow (Monday 1-28-19) for Equipment help.

Any one else had this happen? Was using oven to degas/opaque, then it beeped when firing margin. Tempurature refused to climb. Anywho. Happy Sunday everyone!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Checked fuse. It's okay. Muffle? Left message with Patrick Coon for local Ivoclar service center (if any) Will call tomorrow (Monday 1-28-19) for Equipment help.

Any one else had this happen? Was using oven to degas/opaque, then it beeped when firing margin. Tempurature refused to climb. Anywho. Happy Sunday everyone!
It's pretty rare oitside of fast blow fuses on logic boards, but fuses can 'partially blow'. If you didn't change it out with a new one to see if that's the problem it is worth a shot.

Manual is quite unhelpful on this code.

Edit:the import ants of proof reading.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Thank you JMN. He will switch it out, even though it tests fine. Right now he hooked up the ancient Ney. I am testing it now.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thank you JMN. He will switch it out, even though it tests fine. Right now he hooked up the ancient Ney. I am testing it now.
Ney stuff seems so hard to kill usually. Hope it works out well enough you don't have date of delivery issues.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I haven't used a Ney since the 70's. They are indeed, work horses.
Of course there are delivery issues. The Ney should take care of that. :)

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Changed the fuse. No go.
Called Ivoclar, recommended muffle replacement. Muffle cost $250.00 which amazed me. Not including shipping of course. Probably over 100 dollars from Buffalo to California.

Has any one here changed a muffle in an Ivoclar EP5000 The H is reasonably skilled at fixing things but we don't have a manual. Any suggestions? Currently trying to find a chart/drawing of the muffle

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Thanks! I am looking through it. The tech was not encouraging, but did mention we could buy a muffle and do it ourselves. I will let you know what we end up doing, for your reference.

Top Bottom