Entry level desk top mill

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Sooo. I’ve now been designing for 2 1/2 years on exocad plus a couple of years on Mental Wings. I am now feeling like doing some basic milling in my lab. I’ve looked at JENSEN. They seem interesting and have heard they have good support. Any feedback on them or anyone else would be appreciated.
EJADA

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sooo. I’ve now been designing for 2 1/2 years on exocad plus a couple of years on Mental Wings. I am now feeling like doing some basic milling in my lab. I’ve looked at JENSEN. They seem interesting and have heard they have good support. Any feedback on them or anyone else would be appreciated.
EJADA
Im sure youll get lots of opinions, but I went with Jensen. I have to little 4 axis mills. Support has been great, but little needed. Ive never had a case I cant do in them.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion. I have heard from several people the same about the support. That is really important to me. I have really appreciated the great support I have gotten from my scanner retailer. It makes a lot of difference for me.
How long does it take for them to get back to you and answer your questions??

user name

user name

Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion. I have heard from several people the same about the support. That is really important to me. I have really appreciated the great support I have gotten from my scanner retailer. It makes a lot of difference for me.
How long does it take for them to get back to you and answer your questions??
Ive never had to wait. I call the number and Im talking to someone that can give me an answer. On a rare occasion that I needed to talk to someone else, it was maybe 10 minutes max. After hours since I work late, a couple times I had a question...never a problem with the equipment; always just my lack of knowledge, Ive shot an email of to one of the techs and Ive had an answer right now.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Support from Jensen is excellent. The VHF mills they sell are available from a lot of dealers. Some might beat them on price, but being able to get the support you need, when you need it, makes all the difference when you've got cases that need to get done. Especially if it's going to be your only mill and your back up plan is outsourcing and waiting two days.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Support from Jensen is excellent. The VHF mills they sell are available from a lot of dealers. Some might beat them on price, but being able to get the support you need, when you need it, makes all the difference when you've got cases that need to get done. Especially if it's going to be your only mill and your back up plan is outsourcing and waiting two days.

Exactly!! I really appreciate the feedback.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I would look at Dyamach from Italy. They have a grest entry level mill 5 axis that will allow you to mill zirc plus Titanium and chrome. Dont restrict yourself, you will need these features i am sure sooner or later. The support is great, i have their big mill now for over three years.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I would look at Dyamach from Italy. They have a grest entry level mill 5 axis that will allow you to mill zirc plus Titanium and chrome. Dont restrict yourself, you will need these features i am sure sooner or later. The support is great, i have their big mill now for over three years.

Thanks. I will look. I do like to start small to learn. I don’t mind upgrading in a couple of years once I have the necessary experience under my belt to make good decisions. I did that with my scanner. I bought a used dental wings. Wow!! I sure learned a lot. #1. Never buy dental wings .
When I did upgrade 4 years later I bought 2 DOF HDs. Fantastic scanners. Exocad based. Having that DWOS experience really help to know what to look for and what questions to ask. Does Dyamach have a USA supplier and support team?? That is also very important to me.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
ejada what do you want to mill the vhf machine doesnt do well with metal.

doug

doug

Reaction score
The VHF mill will do nicely for you with Zr and wax. Keep it clean and service the chuck regularly.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Next question.

I want to start printing my own models. At this point our volume is low 10 to 20 models a day. Again a lot of what I’m doing is to get aquatinted with this technology then plan to upgrade in a couple of years. With a lot more knowledge. I know way less about this technology but have similar needs as mill. I want great support.
Thoughts??

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
The VHF mill will do nicely for you with Zr and wax. Keep it clean and service the chuck regularly.

WHAT!!!! I have to clean and service it. Why?
24ea177f8fa668e335bfd9f7aa752651.jpg
oh ya. Dog hair.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The mill VHF mill that has been recommended is what we have been using for a few years, the Zenotec Mini. Different covers depending on who you get it from, but the insides are the same. This is a great entry level mill. Support is the key. We purchased ours through Ivoclar and the support has been outstanding. Our support from Ivoclar(Wieland) is exactly how Username and joe described from Jensen. We use ours to mill zirconia and wax with fantastic results.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
The mill VHF mill that has been recommended is what we have been using for a few years, the Zenotec Mini. Different covers depending on who you get it from, but the insides are the same. This is a great entry level mill. Support is the key. We purchased ours through Ivoclar and the support has been outstanding. Our support from Ivoclar(Wieland) is exactly how Username and joe described from Jensen. We use ours to mill zirconia and wax with fantastic results.

Thanks Brett. I really appreciate your input.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Aren't the 4-Axis mills beholden to a special holder and disks that only Jensen can supply? I was in a lab not too long ago and seen there Jensen set-up but I'm not sure it was a Jensen mill is why I ask. However, I'd hesitate on anything that couldn't fit a 98mm puck, so many other options out there when you can mill from any manufacturer in my opinion.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Aren't the 4-Axis mills beholden to a special holder and disks that only Jensen can supply? I was in a lab not too long ago and seen there Jensen set-up but I'm not sure it was a Jensen mill is why I ask. However, I'd hesitate on anything that couldn't fit a 98mm puck, so many other options out there when you can mill from any manufacturer in my opinion.
No. I mill stuff from several places. Jensen is 98mm, and many other pucks are 98.5, but they still work fine.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
My understanding is they did that for awhile a few years back but have now changed to a more standard setup. But great point to clarify before purchase.

A

adl

Reaction score
My understanding is they did that for awhile a few years back but have now changed to a more standard setup. But great point to clarify before purchase.
Open cam?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
titanium and chrome on a desktop? thats a red flag for me. even if the mill is great for zirc, desktops arent made for the beating that cutting metals put on a machine