Entry level desk top mill

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sooo. I’ve now been designing for 2 1/2 years on exocad plus a couple of years on Mental Wings. I am now feeling like doing some basic milling in my lab. I’ve looked at JENSEN. They seem interesting and have heard they have good support. Any feedback on them or anyone else would be appreciated.
EJADA
my entry mill was the roland 51d with sum3d. no issues with the machine for the most part (recently ran into a case that was very tricky to mill). support was great when i bought it from CAP...now that they are with uncle hank, well its not as good. sometimes long waits on hold for a simple few questions, and emails take a day or more to get replies. actually i have an open ticket right now with CAP/Zahn thats been ongoing for weeks. (yes im venting!!!) but thats with the vac unit and not the mill.
there are a half dozen or so mills out there that are perfect little table top units for getting your hands dirty. the mills themselves are generally all built well and will last when taken care of. the biggest thing you want is SUPPORT!!! good support, the hours you will need it, and minimal hold times, etc. thats the real purchase.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
my entry mill was the roland 51d with sum3d. no issues with the machine for the most part (recently ran into a case that was very tricky to mill). support was great when i bought it from CAP...now that they are with uncle hank, well its not as good. sometimes long waits on hold for a simple few questions, and emails take a day or more to get replies. actually i have an open ticket right now with CAP/Zahn thats been ongoing for weeks. (yes im venting!!!) but thats with the vac unit and not the mill.
there are a half dozen or so mills out there that are perfect little table top units for getting your hands dirty. the mills themselves are generally all built well and will last when taken care of. the biggest thing you want is SUPPORT!!! good support, the hours you will need it, and minimal hold times, etc. thats the real purchase.

Support really is key. I agree. Very helpful
Thank you