"Employees of the Future" IDT Magazine Article

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
i'm lucky to get to do cases from start to finish.. I've learned so much in a short time having my hands in everything... i'm not great at anything, but I feel i'm pretty good at everything. I never know what my day entails... scan/design? seat and stach a few PFM'f or a full layered framework
and the variety is what I enjoy

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
CAD design should be a large be part of every lab schools curriculum. Its time to amass some wage information on these new lab jobs so we can get schools to see the potential of classes that will help alleviate the shortage. If we do not the design will go offshore. This should be a job starting salary of $25 pr hr. with two years of cad/cam and necessary dental training. The guy I want wants $40 per hr and he may get it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
a big part of "CAD" training (CAD Design is redundant, is like saying RIP in peace) should be digital case planning.

how to do 10 veneers mockup. how to plan a case for a crown under a partial. how to plan a partial. how to open the vertical.

because i am having a tough time doing cases for dentists who don't do case planning. theyll do a 10 unit waxup sure, but then don't send it back. they want crowns for future partials but give no information as to desired rests or partial designs.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ok, now i'm curious... what can he do that brings in 40 and hr? i'm not discounting his value, I definitely think I could make quite a bit more than I am ... but where i'm at I have free rein to learn and do a wide variety

Last edited:
Top Bottom