Emergency Dentistry ONLY in...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Oregon: Governor issued and Executive Order https://www.oregon.gov/gov/Documents/executive_orders/eo_20-10.pdf

ALL non-emergency treatment of any type is to cease by March 23 and be rescheduled no earlier than June 15th. All PPE that can sent shall be used for COVID-19 response efforts.

First Post updated also.
Hi JMN, did you mention poking the bear? Subtle but important differences between Boards and Associations for sure! Dental Boards,
& College 's enforce Standards of Practice and all Regulations, Associations ADA, CDA try to protect Practioners.

May have been RKM that mentioned poking the bear though, so many threads now, more difficult to source, at least for me...sorry 🙂

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Oregon: Governor issued and Executive Order https://www.oregon.gov/gov/Documents/executive_orders/eo_20-10.pdf

ALL non-emergency treatment of any type is to cease by March 23 and be rescheduled no earlier than June 15th. All PPE that can sent shall be used for COVID-19 response efforts.

First Post updated also.
Got laid off this afternoon. Rent and food are gonna get interesting fast. Could probably get work at grocery, but I'm high risk as all get out. I catch this I'm toast.
Tomorrow I'll wake up and try to figure out what to do, right now I can't think about it without getting overwhelmed.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Got laid off this afternoon. Rent and food are gonna get interesting fast. Could probably get work at grocery, but I'm high risk as all get out. I catch this I'm toast.
Tomorrow I'll wake up and try to figure out what to do, right now I can't think about it without getting overwhelmed.
Unimployment. THe one week wait was done away with. I can't even get that. Labowner was fun for a while.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi JMN, did you mention poking the bear? Subtle but important differences between Boards and Associations for sure! Dental Boards,
& College 's enforce Standards of Practice and all Regulations, Associations ADA, CDA try to protect Practioners.

May have been RKM that mentioned poking the bear though, so many threads now, more difficult to source, at least for me...sorry 🙂
It was me. We need to get all techs poking the bear by making the choice to call the State Dept of Health and make them aware. You can do it anonymously. DOOOOO IIIIIT!!'

We need to get these jokers to stop that think it's all ok.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Unimployment. THe one week wait was done away with. I can't even get that. Labowner was fun for a while.
Site crashed today. 155,000 out of work in OR in a week.
Might have to hunt squirrels in the parking lot next month...
Medical bills from my big hurrahs last year wiped out my buffer and then some.
We could wind up a generation going back to stuffing cash in the mattress like great depression generation did after it all sorted out.
I just hope our sort out isn't as bad as theirs was,

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Site crashed today. 155,000 out of work in OR in a week.
Might have to hunt squirrels in the parking lot next month...
Medical bills from my big hurrahs last year wiped out my buffer and then some.
We could wind up a generation going back to stuffing cash in the mattress like great depression generation did after it all sorted out.
I just hope our sort out isn't as bad as theirs was,
Same here. My hospital stay last Feb for diverticulitis.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Was dropping off a case at a dentist office Tuesday morning when they told me they just received an email from the Louisiana Dental Board under orders from the governor that all dentist offices are to close for 30 days unless it's a dental emergency.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Same here. My hospital stay last Feb for diverticulitis.
Had it in August last. Blew through 3k deductible. The followup colonoscopyou and endoscopy down the gullet in Jan. Blew through a 3.5k one for this year.
Good times.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Was dropping off a case at a dentist office Tuesday morning when they told me they just received an email from the Louisiana Dental Board under orders from the governor that all dentist offices are to close for 30 days unless it's a dental emergency.
Got that one. Thanks!

The board there stepped up and did it right, they said non emergency work is prohibited. None of the ****yfooting about recommendations or requests from a dental association. Outstanding. who

knew a gov't offical could have guts.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Had it in August last. Blew through 3k deductible. The followup colonoscopyou and endoscopy down the gullet in Jan. Blew through a 3.5k one for this year.
Good times.
Good drugs at least. Althought prefer to do without those times or those drugs.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Praying for you Kcdt...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hang in there folks. This will end eventually.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It has to be done cleverly by quarantine and distancing to stop the cycle of virus transmission; we can’t do it with people who think the earth is flat and many around
You mean the guy who sold me the turtle hilding up the flat earth was lying?

Well, I'll get him. Run him right over the edge.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
From NADL:
Based on continuing developments by California, New Jersey, Illinois and New York, and soon to be more state Governors and in some case local county/city ordinances, NADL is receiving questions on how businesses are defined as it relates to essential or non-essential.
In most of the state Governor executive orders executed thus far, dental offices are mentioned within the essential category, further, most orders use the wording that essential businesses includes but is not limited to hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental offices….key words are includes but is not limited to;
It is NADL’s belief that in most cases depending on the specific wording in your state, county or city, dental laboratories likely fall into the essential business category (that is if you make the business decision to actually stay open).

This assessment is based on several arguments:
1) Dental laboratories according to the U.S. Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights, under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Acts are defined as a "health care provider."
2) Under the North American Industry Classification Code, NAICS Code 339116: dental laboratories are defined as establishments that are primarily engaged in manufacturing dentures, crowns, bridges, and orthodontic appliances customized for individual application. The parent NAICS code where dental laboratories is NAICS 33911 which is listed under - Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing
3) In those states where dental laboratories are required to register in order to operate, they pay registration and or license fees to either state Boards of Dentistry and/or state Departments of Health.
4) Lastly, if dental offices are allowed to stay open even if it’s just to perform emergency or urgent care, there are specific procedures that have been listed as allowable, that would require the services of a dental laboratory to assist in completion of such work, in order for the dentist to treat the patient.

This is not meant to construe a legal opinion, as each city, county, state may have different and or more specific wording in the essential business definitions.
However, absent dental laboratories not being specifically named as non-essential in city, county, state orders, these factors should provide positive footing if you choose to keep your dental laboratory operational in some capacity.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Im not going to comment on#3!
I guess I just did.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Florida Governor shut us down completely until May 8th except for extreme emergency cases.

I don't think I have ever had that much time off in a row. Dontknow

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Florida Governor shut us down completely until May 8th except for extreme emergency cases.

I don't think I have ever had that much time off in a row. Dontknow
Shuts you down but not the beaches Pcguru

Top Bottom