Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rob
Here in NY we were told by many docs it’s recommended to close
So far only lost 10 of 40
Unfortunately I’m sure more to come
There should be, the ADA recommends emergency dentistry ONLY nation wide. The key word there is RECOMMENDS!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hope you're still selling a bunch of those hats!!!!
Yep, nothing like before but they still sell. Most of the city folks drove up here to there cabins to quarantine...the view is better. So they are regular visitors which is helping...so Rob goes back to sweeping and mopping store floors, what a joy!!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Updated first post with links to all state dental boards, state dental associations and state departments of health.

Look and find what precautions you should take according to your state if you remain open.

My State Dept of Health says for treating COVID positive or COVID Persons Under Investigation (and I say anyone not tested and found negative is a PUI) N95 respirator and full barrier protection is the MINIMUM for direct patient care and it should be done in an Airborne Infectious Isolation Room. Not many dental offices seem to have those.

I'm doing minimum work. Denture fractures, RPDs that lost a clasp and won't stay in and that's about it.

My reasoning for this is that most people with oral prosthesis do not stock up on just ensure and soup and are of age to have no business shopping real soon.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
879690EE-DDCA-460A-ABB5-8102B2FE0FA3.pngI It seems as though New Hampshire will be shut down until 6Apr too. It seems as though most of my accounts are completely shutting down. I’ve spoken to the third of my accounts that really matter as far as volume is concerned. Except for one doctor at one of my largest accounts...that is not a covid19 believer. Lol He said “ I’m old enough to remember when that aids thing came out”!!! As of today, they are not changing a thing.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Unfortunately the states and the ADA are only RECOMMENDING that they close. There are some who continue to practice and are putting people's lives in danger.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
If they mandated them closed it would just further fill up emergency rooms with patients most ER doctors are not accustomed to treating. I took a brief nonscientific survey from the offices I spoke to and the consensus was that offices would handle emergencies but that was pretty much it. Repairs other than chair side would wait.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
If they mandated them closed it would just further fill up emergency rooms with patients most ER doctors are not accustomed to treating. I took a brief nonscientific survey from the offices I spoke to and the consensus was that offices would handle emergencies but that was pretty much it. Repairs other than chair side would wait.
If they were doing what the ADA and the States are recommending, which is emergency dentistry only that would be fine. But there are offices out there that are practicing just like they did a month ago, and that is putting people's lives in danger, including their own. But the almighty dollar rules.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@model guy the issue isn't those doing emergency only. They are supposed to do emergencies. The issue is that there are still offices acting as if the chairman of the Mickey Mouse club asked them to stop and are totally ignoring any safety guidelines.

Friend of mine at an in house lab was sprayed yesterday with the softliner grinds out of a denture reline an assistant ground out, without any protection for anyone, and then sprayed herself off with the airhose. This is the insanity that needs to be stopped. Not emergency dentistry. That must continue for exactly the reason you specify.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
@model guy the issue isn't those doing emergency only. They are supposed to do emergencies. The issue is that there are still offices acting as if the chairman of the Mickey Mouse club asked them to stop and are totally ignoring any safety guidelines.

Friend of mine at an in house lab was sprayed yesterday with the softliner grinds out of a denture reline an assistant ground out, without any protection for anyone, and then sprayed herself off with the airhose. This is the insanity that needs to be stopped. Not emergency dentistry. That must continue for exactly the reason you specify.
I understand. That was my point. Most of the offices and doctors up here are erring on the side of caution. A few offices that are totally closed will only the have doctors assisting one another for the procedures. That may be over kill? I really don’t know. Just wait until you see my other post from the guy that doesn’t believe the hype!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I understand. That was my point. Most of the offices and doctors up here are erring on the side of caution. A few offices that are totally closed will only the have doctors assisting one another for the procedures. That may be over kill? I really don’t know. Just wait until you see my other post from the guy that doesn’t believe the hype!
I'd think quite highly of the office that has only the doctors working and assisting each other. They are the ones with the degree, license, fiscal reward, and risk. They are protecting their staff. I'd take them a coffee if it was sanitary to do so.