Emax

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Hello, I'm relatively new to dental lab network. I usually just read posts but I'm interested in this topic.
I think grinding Emax blocks isn't efficient compared to milling Zirconia disks.
However, I've been looking at Rosetta SM 98mm disk lately. I think milling/grinding emax disc would be much more efficient compared to grinding blocks.
I couldn't find lithium disilicate disks from any other companies.

SM_contents-03.jpg

i disagree. cutting from a 98mm disc requires more sprues and more trimming.

This smells like an advertisement.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hello, I'm relatively new to dental lab network. I usually just read posts but I'm interested in this topic.
I think grinding Emax blocks isn't efficient compared to milling Zirconia disks.
However, I've been looking at Rosetta SM 98mm disk lately. I think milling/grinding emax disc would be much more efficient compared to grinding blocks.
I couldn't find lithium disilicate disks from any other companies.

SM_contents-03.jpg

I have seen this disk, but have some concerns when it comes to grinding.

With glass ceramics it is a grinding procedure (non-fluted diamonds, mostly using the sides of the tool),and with other materials it is a milling procedure (fluted carbides, whether coated or not, mostly using the end of the tool),

Now I want you to think about when your grinding on the ceramics that you build. If you go straight in with the diamond tip, what happens? You usually will remove all diamond coating from the tool and start leaving black marks and could cause cracking. I wonder how you avoid this when using the tip of the diamond for almost all grinding.

If you have other thoughts on this let me know. I am open to other ideas and methods.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Have you got good enough results getting modelless? Lately fittings with milled emax have been so horrible we don't dare to use it any more even with models. Do you know any trustworthy European milling centers? Planmeca and Straumann failed. We don't have own mill yet.

I you have many units to press from same colour, pressing is cheaper and gives better fit. But I mainly make single crowns on titanium abutments and rarely have two units to press at once. Also it's much easier to get a skrew hole just checking a box. Or it would be if they fit as they used to..

Not sure what the European milling center for Straumann is doing differently than the one in Arlington, Texas, but I get great fits on their emax. Have been for years now. Have you tried using the same file with different milling centers to see if the results came back any differently?

A

Andrei

Reaction score
I use both ways, mill e.max everything from second premolar toward posterior, and mill wax and press anteriors, much faster then waxing, also, someone was saying something about 6 veneers in one ingot, I milled 6 veneers in 2 c14 blocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

L

Leejh

Reaction score
i disagree. cutting from a 98mm disc requires more sprues and more trimming.

This smells like an advertisement.

I'm not an advertisement. Which grinding or milling strategy did you use for 98mm lithium metasilicate? Why did it require more than one sprue? I put only one sprue when I'm grinding my c14 emax cad blocks. Which bur is good for the job? I have so many questions about this.

Top Bottom