emax pricing

S

sampson

Reaction score
what is the average fee per unit for an emax crown .
i have a clients who are interested in the system and want me to outsource units.
new equipment costs are out of the budget for now.
thanks

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
We charge $169 for stain and glaze and $214 for layered crown.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
125.00 basic and 265.00 premium

OmarQ

OmarQ

Reaction score
Price varies for some of our clients, but the average price for our emax is 170.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I charge $195 for both staining and layering.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So far that makes the average $185.86

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My question is do you do average work? If not why charge average fees?

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
$335 Layered

$315 Stain + Glaze.

Aussie Dollars ;)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
My question is do you do average work? If not why charge average fees?

Dont really understand the point of this question.. Are you implying that the fees previously posted are below average? If everyone lists their prices, only then would we find the average. You cant find out what an average fee is until everyone says what they are charging..

Having said that, I dont see a problem charging 'average' fees for above average work. Its called value. Most clients, especially in this business, where everything comes not from hundreds of clients, but very few, hundreds of times. Everyone wants quality, and everyone wants value.. if you can give both, I think youre ahead of the game.. much further than if you charge more than everyone else...

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thats equal to about $300 USD nowdays!

Are you sourcing your ingots Overseas Finnster or Ivoclar locally.

SiKBOY

Im buying them locally

Are you getting them overseas much cheaper are you ??

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
SiKBOY

Im buying them locally

Are you getting them overseas much cheaper are you ??

No we arn't but I was talking to my mate and was discussing about purchasing ingots and ceramic from the states. The AUD is so strong vs the USD at the moment.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No we arn't but I was talking to my mate and was discussing about purchasing ingots and ceramic from the states. The AUD is so strong vs the USD at the moment.

I was talking to Jeppsta not too long ago about this...........we figured it out at that time it was a little cheaper but by the time you figure in the time to do it, it wouldn't have saved any money, but since the U.S. dollar has taken the titanic plunge, maybe we should run the numbers again.......Email me MMJ, lets see if it's advantageous.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats equal to about $300 USD nowdays!

Crown fees are relative to where you are located.. regardless of the value of the USD. I was in Switzerland in my wifes home town, a pretty small village, and was told by a lab girl that we visited there that the average fee for crowns there was around 700CHF . That still equates to about 600-650 USD. If you dont have doctors willing to pay 300-400-500 for a crown, you simply wont get it. Its supply and demand, not necessarily the quality of the work that sets the price.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
I was talking to Jeppsta not too long ago about this...........we figured it out at that time it was a little cheaper but by the time you figure in the time to do it, it wouldn't have saved any money, but since the U.S. dollar has taken the titanic plunge, maybe we should run the numbers again.......Email me MMJ, lets see if it's advantageous.

Would be worth a look i guess. Although you know SikBoy at the moment Ivoclar has buy 3 get 1 free up until the end of April.

If you take advantage of that offer and order up, surely that free packet, (around $215 AUS) would make up for any costs you may save buying overseas

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Its supply and demand, not necessarily the quality of the work that sets the price.

So what is stopping them from sending the work to China? I would say they are willing to pay for a quality restoration that makes their life easy upon insertion.

Having said that, I dont see a problem charging 'average' fees for above average work. Its called value. Everyone wants quality, and everyone wants value.. if you can give both, I think youre ahead of the game.. much further than if you charge more than everyone else...

Are you going to charge the average or below the average? The customer determines the value not you.You will be perceived as average or below average .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So what is stopping them from sending the work to China? I would say they are willing to pay for a quality restoration that makes their life easy upon insertion.
I think we can all agree that work sent to china is in a well 'below average' price range. I mean you cant compare a $60 crown to a $200 crown, to a $350 crown.. I think the answer to that question is, nothing is stopping them.. Some are willing to pay more, and I think this forum is proof that most labs are in the middle of the road price wise, and the majority of Drs use labs like those. but still, very few Drs are willing to pay for overpriced crowns.

Are you going to charge the average or below the average? The customer determines the value not you.You will be perceived as average or below average .
Percieved by who as below average?
Just because a crown has a big price tag doesnt mean its 'above average'. I know Drs pay more in Canada and Aus. but if we both took emax crowns of similar quality to 100 Drs in the US, 99 out of 100 would purchase the crown with the lower price tag, especially if its half the cost. If the patient or the Dr cant tell the difference, then they wont pay the difference.
I just finished up a full mouth emax/zir. case, and after all the work of staining, layering etc. to make these crowns actually look like natural teeth, the patient wants it just plain toilet bowl white. So the quality that is percieved by the patient isnt always what a tech or a Dr percieves as quality.
Im not saying you should be the cheapest, but everyone is always looking for a better deal.. and the average price on this forum for labs in the US is within $30-40 it seems. In other words, I could charge $350 for an emax, but its not worth the time it would take to find the 1 out of 100 drs that would actually buy it. In the meantime I couldve sold 50 $200 emax crowns...
All the 'high end' guys (price wise) that I know are sitting on their hands in a slow economy, but Im having record months at an 'average' price range.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
In the spirit of full disclosure, so it doesnt look like im ranting without contributing to the topic of the thread:

$150-180 for emax

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My point is that each time the next guy decides to charge just a bit below average that average will keep going down.

I agree with you that a higher price does'nt always mean higher quality.

Top Bottom