Emax pressing problems in whipmix press

W

Waxenate

Reaction score
We have been using the whipmix press and getting, for lack of a better word 1mm "divots" on the surface. Usually just one. Anyone have any ideas? Press has been checked out by whipmix. Using pressvest speed investment. Burnouttemp 1565. Any input would be appreciated.

W

Waxenate

Reaction score
Well the pressings in the old ep500 seem to be fine. Only happens in the new whipmix. But I will definitely bump the temps up. Plan on getting 5 or 6 duplicate patterns to test.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well the pressings in the old ep500 seem to be fine. Only happens in the new whipmix. But I will definitely bump the temps up. Plan on getting 5 or 6 duplicate patterns to test.
Bump? Just press at the proper temps.
So you pressed emax at 850? And your only issue was surface texture?

W

Waxenate

Reaction score
Ok....burnout was at 1565.not really a texture issue.it was a divot, almost like a suck back in metal

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
The same temps you have your EP500 set at may not be the same for your ProPress. I would check your ProPress' calibration and make sure it is actually hitting the correct temperatures. In my experience, most folks pressing in an older non-Ivoclar furnace need to increase their pressing temps by about 10C.

BTW, the surface divot is a "classic" sign of a "short" pressing.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
We use a Pro Press sp, the divot is a cold press. More than likely you are encroaching on the cold area of the ring. We saw a few of these and an ocasional small area missing on a margin early on when learning our way around this furnace. Move your patterns "outward' and if they dont go away bump up press temp 3-5 degrees C until they are gone. This furnace also needs to be warmed up to be consistent on the first press of the day so fire a pf something or a glaze to start the day. Emax is tooo touchy!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Is this the {old style whipmix ProPress } or the newer models? Small ring, big ring ?

L

LamPlusLab

Reaction score
Where are these divots? On the investment? On the crowns? Are they bumps or holes? Please describe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk