Emax press voids in anatomy

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hi McTeeth, I would love to tell you it is your furnace, but I doubt it is all furnaces get this result. Every time I see this, It has to do with Spruing. Your vacuum isn't the cause and a ring former isn't going to fix it, in fact it could add more issues, especially if it changes the thermal mass of the overall ring. I would look at your sprue angle, sprue guage, bevels on you attachments and sprue placement. all these are important. make sure you consider the flow of the material.

Thanks Chris

I suppose even after 1000's of these over the years, you start to take it for granted and get way off course

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Re-spruing to do some beta testing...
After checking with the sprue jig, I noticed my original "dimple" press might have been way too short. (under 3mm sprue length)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Too short isnt a problem; too long is. Dont let the units get close to the sides of the ring and stop using the hot oven technique. Those two things are game changers in quality.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Hello, fellow technicians. I am new to pressed e.max pressed about 8 successfully until 2 days ago. I wasted 3 ingots already. It's a hit or miss, one will press fine and the next will be distorted and margins short and rounded. What's up with that? I haven't changed anything in my settings or materials. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1662.JPG
    IMG_1662.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 55
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hello, fellow technicians. I am new to pressed e.max pressed about 8 successfully until 2 days ago. I wasted 3 ingots already. It's a hit or miss, one will press fine and the next will be distorted and margins short and rounded. What's up with that? I haven't changed anything in my settings or materials. Any advice?

The info people will need to diagnose problem: Press oven/times/air pressure, investment/ratio/set time, and burn out temp/length.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Also is it you or an employee investing/pressing?

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I am the only person pressing so I know that nothing has changed. My settings are given to me by the CeramPress QEX furnace rep and are as follows: 700C starting temp, 60/minute, 945C press temp, hold 15min, press 8 min. Full vacuum.
Investment 2:20 water to liquid, 20-30 min bench set. Burned out at 850C for 1 hour.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The spruea are too long and the oatwrns need to be angled toward the outside if the ring more. You have the paterbs in the cold spot.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try a thicker sprue and increase the press time...might need to recalibrate the furnace too...

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
The spruea are too long and the oatwrns need to be angled toward the outside if the ring more. You have the paterbs in the cold spot.
I follow the 16 mm rule for the length. The photos in e.max book show the sprue going straight up for a 100g ring not angled.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
For the 100gr ring the patterns should be angled out at about a 60degree angle. I would also never put those lager units in a 100gr ring, Small anteriors, veneers, copings. Large anteriors, premolars, molars, bridges all get a 200gr ring. Remember, it costs less to use an extra pack of investment the first time than to rewax, resprue, reinvest, and repress. In the long run you will save money and reduce your stress levels.

As for the 16mm rule, that is a maximum length of pattern and sprue, not a suggested length. You should keep the sprue length as close to 3mm as possible, as long as the patterns are at the same level in the ring. Sprues should never be more than 8mm. And 8guage (3mm) is the optimum sprue diameter. If you have a very small pattern (thin veneer, lower anterior coping, implant abutment) you can go down to a 10guage (2.5mm) sprue, but no smaller.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
For the 100gr ring the patterns should be angled out at about a 60degree angle. I would also never put those lager units in a 100gr ring, Small anteriors, veneers, copings. Large anteriors, premolars, molars, bridges all get a 200gr ring. Remember, it costs less to use an extra pack of investment the first time than to rewax, resprue, reinvest, and repress. In the long run you will save money and reduce your stress levels.

As for the 16mm rule, that is a maximum length of pattern and sprue, not a suggested length. You should keep the sprue length as close to 3mm as possible, as long as the patterns are at the same level in the ring. Sprues should never be more than 8mm. And 8guage (3mm) is the optimum sprue diameter. If you have a very small pattern (thin veneer, lower anterior coping, implant abutment) you can go down to a 10guage (2.5mm) sprue, but no smaller.

Thanks Patrick, I was going by the weight rather than the size of the crowns but I will follow your advice, use a larger ring, make the sprues shorter and see if it helps.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Spruea(could only mean Spanish guinea pig) that is too long and the oatworms need to be angled towards the outside of the ring more. You have the paternus(latin for father?) in the cold spot. Long story short your guinea pig is not enjoying the plating of his oatworms and your father is cold get him a snuggie for Christmas.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Spruea(could only mean Spanish guinea pig) that is too long and the oatworms need to be angled towards the outside of the ring more. You have the paternus(latin for father?) in the cold spot. Long story short your guinea pig is not enjoying the plating of his oatworms and your father is cold get him a snuggie for Christmas.

CanabisSmokinStonedQuestionmark

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Got time on my hands today. Don't know what to do with myself. I am waiting for my ivobase unit to come in the mail.
Also my lab is almost 90 degrees AC motor burned up and is being replaced after three days. Mix that with a boilout and monomer, I am pretty sure I am losing my mind.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Grrrrr....Acne and short margin!

Attachments

• IMG_20151119_164737.jpg
    IMG_20151119_164737.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20151119_164814.jpg
    IMG_20151119_164814.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20151119_173348.jpg