Emax Multi ingot

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
RileyS, the sprueing is m or d but the direction of the sprues is a little different than standard spruing. Pull up the ifu from Ivoclar. Multi is definitely worth looking into. It's more versatile than you might expect and has some real advantages for certain applications.
Rectangular piece Over the contact from incisal to margin right?
I'm going to buy some this week and see how it goes!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Right. Your placement of the sprue helps dictate how much incisal you get. You don't quite go to the margin though.
Don't forget you need their special plungers and ring. I did the math and decided to just buy the starter kit. A little cheaper, but not much.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Anyone having blending issues at the incisal half? My crowns are ending up with diagonal lines where it looks like the body shade and translucent incisal shades are coming together. I have the sprues along the facial as directed but still having issues.

It definitely sounds like an issue with sprue placement. There are a couple things to keep in mind when sprueing:

1. make sure you are aiming the sprue so that the material does not press into the prep. The sprue should be positioned so that the material actually flows around the facial of the restoration. This prevents turbulence in the material when it presses (which causes blending issues) and prevents the material from breaking the prep.

2. The crown and the pattern should always be centered on each other and long axis should be parallel. Do not move the restoration up or down on the sprue pattern to control translucency, move the entire sprue/pattern assembly down on the sprue base. This ensures that you have unrestricted flow into the restoration, but blocks some of the cervical material from entering the pattern.

3. When attaching the sprue, DO NOT flare the attachment point, only add enough wax to close any gaps and ensure that the attachment points are very smooth. Again, flared or rough attachment points will cause turbulence when the material presses, causing blending issues.

I hope these tips help.

B

BrianB

Reaction score
Ill chime in...again. I dont have the 'e' up grade. Im using for a 100gm:

start-700c
heat rate-60
final-922
hold-15min.
max press 10:00min
pressure-low
vac-722mm

Very little reaction layer and perfect presses. Vario 300, constant use since '07, never an issue.
On your pressing what is your Extra press time on the Zubler Vario 300. Mine has an Extra press time and a Maz press time? Please help, just inherited this oven and trying to press Emax in it. Thanks!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
On your pressing what is your Extra press time on the Zubler Vario 300. Mine has an Extra press time and a Maz press time? Please help, just inherited this oven and trying to press Emax in it. Thanks!
Welcome to DLN. Our good friend User passed away and probably won’t contact you although if he does tell him he’s missed.