Emax MT

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Any Labs using Emax MT? Is the pressing program the same as HT? thanks T

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I feel like it's not much better than LT.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just did a 6 unit in b1 mt and it looked good. Didnt realize they were the value ingots..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its one of the most frustrating things they say they are exact same ingots to the value, However, we have had cases where we stained and glazed a Value 2 and then some time later we get the same case back to do the crown next to it and now have to HOPE the MT are the same. Not sure why in Ivoclars wisdom they did not just leave well enough alone.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
John, I've done it repeatedly, and so far, so good. This includes a central from a full mouth redone because the patient broke off the iV1 crown in a fight- MTB1 perfect match. Glad I kept good records!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, I've done it repeatedly, and so far, so good. This includes a central from a full mouth redone because the patient broke off the iV1 crown in a fight- MTB1 perfect match. Glad I kept good records!

That's the Key Point. we all should be keeping track of ingots and Lot numbers, since going to EVIDENT lab software it has made this very easy.

I used to think I could remember everything this just makes me SURE that I am right :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I admit I don't record lot numbers. What is the reasoning for this, is it required somewhere and I'm unaware of it?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I admit I don't record lot numbers. What is the reasoning for this, is it required somewhere and I'm unaware of it?
To be a certified dental laboratory it is I believe. Kind of a safety net for recalls from manufacturers. They contact you, you find out if you used that lot number and can then inform your clients.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

Its part of running a business with GMP's. It is to protect the patient in the event of a recall on any sundry we use in our restorations.

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
Try a recall patient with a broken Zirconia hybrid abutment. Oofff!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Recall/safety net makes sense.
So for further clarification, do you record the lot # of all products used then? Ceramic powder/stain/glaze?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I do not record a LOT number for porc powder/stain/glaze but we do record which glass we layered with and the accompanying products

We record denture teeth (some do not have any, but we have a log of when purchased and who from in our inventory) Mold and shade is obviously indicated as well

We record every abutment both custom and stock.

We record every cad base

We record alloy

We record pressing ingots

We record acrylic (Ivocap)

We have a record and lot tied to ever milled restoration in the CAM

We can track just about anything if a problem arises, and notify our clients if a recall is issued.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Thanks, John. I appreciate your insight.
I record most of it, but need to step it up for the reasons you mentioned.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
It really isn't as daunting of a task as it sounds and once you have it set up it super easy.

I wish I could say I have done this my entire career but that would be a big lie. I credit Mark Jackson for getting me moving in the right direction!

PRINCESS

PRINCESS

Reaction score
It really isn't as daunting of a task as it sounds and once you have it set up it super easy.

I wish I could say I have done this my entire career but that would be a big lie. I credit Mark Jackson for getting me moving in the right direction!

where is mark jackson?