Emax Ingot Choice Poll.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date

HT or LT?

• Total voters
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We do not need to alter the shade unless the prep dictates it. The ingots run very close to shade with minimal stain.

The lower value or GREY is due to translucency in the HT ingots, we have found the MT are the sweetspot for most restorations in my lab

A

adl

Reaction score
So using them shade for shade in the MTs, you haven't found them to be to low value at all, and we can pretty much trust them as is? Or are they shade tab Inc 1/3 low value, so they can be used shade for shade and look good? I'm so used to using HTs 1 step lighter for my FC that I just need a little direction. Thanks, John.

I'll press my A2 in a A2, and probably answer most of my questions by just going for it ;)
The value is right on these ingots, I find it's lacking chroma. But that's an easy fix

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We do not need to alter the shade unless the prep dictates it. The ingots run very close to shade with minimal stain.

The lower value or GREY is due to translucency in the HT ingots, we have found the MT are the sweetspot for most restorations in my lab

Thank you, John, I appreciate your helpful follow up post :)

The value is right on these ingots, I find it's lacking chroma. But that's an easy fix

It sounds like the "perfect balance" (as John said, the sweetspot) of the emax ingots for doing monolithic. A little ging stain and Inc. occlusal characterizations for a ingot that has the right hue and value, sounds good. Like some of the others here have said, they just need to add more shades to the line up.

Last edited:
Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
The MTs were designed with a slightly higher value than the A-D Shade guide. As for the lower chroma, remember the HTs are going to match closer to the incisal third of the shade tab; the MT the middle third; and the LT the gingival third.

Since they are really designed for the higher value shades, I really don't think you will see a large expansion of ingots. Maybe one or two more, but I doubt you will see a C2 or D3 in this type of ingot.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Excellent break down, Patrick, it's very helpful.

A

adl

Reaction score
The MTs were designed with a slightly higher value than the A-D Shade guide. As for the lower chroma, remember the HTs are going to match closer to the incisal third of the shade tab; the MT the middle third; and the LT the gingival third.

Since they are really designed for the higher value shades, I really don't think you will see a large expansion of ingots. Maybe one or two more, but I doubt you will see a C2 or D3 in this type of ingot.
Patrick, how about expansion of multi ingots?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick, how about expansion of multi ingots?

I haven't heard anything about expanded ingots for Multi. I wouldn't be surprised, but I think it will have more to do with sales than anything else. As sales go up, they would be more likely to add to the selection (it's a marketing thing).

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
I so love how Ivoclar has finally turned the Value ingots into MT shaded ingots.

Makes my job so much easier.

Top Bottom