emax compatible porcelains

S

Swede

Reaction score
I am looking to use the Emax press, but I would like to not have to buy a lot of new porcelains. Has anyone used noritake or Creation porcelains on emax? Does a universal stain kit work on Emax?
thank you

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
I am looking to use the Emax press, but I would like to not have to buy a lot of new porcelains. Has anyone used noritake or Creation porcelains on emax? Does a universal stain kit work on Emax?
thank you

i have used some of the creation make - up stains on my emax when i have a call for a color that i dont have in emax but all in all
i would recomend staying with in the system that has been layed out by ivoclar- Especially since you are new to E-max

Greg Amendola MDT

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. If you want to get into e.max, get the whole system.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
The firirng temps and the WAK values don't match. DON'T DO THIS!!!!! You wouldn't fire ZI porcelain on a metal structure right?

C

charles007

Reaction score
thank you

Your going to start using emax and hoping you want have problems using other brands of materials......... Now I understand, you just joined dln......:D
If you spend hours reading threads on emax you will see that dozens of techs drifted off Ivoclar's directions and had failures.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I don't think you could legally call it emax anymore if you use a different layering porc.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Use all emax products, if something goes wrong ,you will have a good starting point to trouble shoot, if nothing goes wrong its probably because you used all emax products.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
From some one that has wasted enough time doing it wrong with e.Max. (wrong press oven) Trust me...and all the other posts, this material done right will make you lots of money for a very small investment.

In the beginning you should be thinking about getting good pressings and what furnace you're going the go with. That costs a lot more than the porcelain kits, and is more important in my opinion....you can't layer any porcelain if you don't have a good press to put it on!!

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Ditto. It's a system, and a great system at that. Why dink around with something that works so well. My e.max cases are my most stress free and most predictable cases. Paid for itself in about 5 months when I got the full kit.

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one not using the whole system.

We have e-max (Press; ZirPress) and the cad/cam version (ZirCAD; CAD)

Ivoclar offers also e-max Ceram porcelain layer system.

I just use the e-max Press and e-max ZirPress with my old Zr. porcelain and no problem also acording to Ivoclar.

You can use all ceramics that fit to Zirconium with WAK around 9 - this was also the idea not to change the ceramics when layering Press an Zr. The same goes for e-max Ceram (also for Press and Zr.)

From my experience I would just recommend using slower cooling down phase especially on the final run.

E-max Ceram has final bake around 700 - 720C, so if you have on your Porcelain a higher temp. just give it 2 minutes more time to cool it down.

About the name - just say e-max Press :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I don't think you could legally call it emax anymore if you use a different layering porc.

So does the same hold true for using a LAVA coping layered with, lets say Vita, and calling that a Lava crown?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I was wondering about Emax monolithic with GC lustre paste?

Emax Ceram is a little high priced but a bottle will last through a ton of units if your utilizing your substructure material correctly. I started layering my Zr cases with it and the porcelain just blows my mind. Beautiful stuff.

B

Baldol

Reaction score
Any update on this subject? I am using emax press and will get Creation ZICT. Can i use it on Emax press?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The last post was 2012 which gives you a suggestion that layering has become less popular.
Anyway, if Creation is a low fusing then you should be good.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Any update on this subject? I am using emax press and will get Creation ZICT. Can i use it on Emax press?
You cannot use Creation ZI-CT on Lithium Disilicate (E.max). There are many Creation users who do use ZI-F.

B

Baldol

Reaction score
The last post was 2012 which gives you a suggestion that layering has become less popular.
Anyway, if Creation is a low fusing then you should be good.
I am not sure what do u mean, i am layering everyday, but thanks

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You cannot use Creation ZI-CT on Lithium Disilicate (E.max). There are many Creation users who do use ZI-F.

Yes, and ZI-F builds wonderfully. It doesn't puddle or draw back on a shiny surface like it was hydrophobic.
Even though I do use Vita's build up liquid at times, it still is a nice porc to work with even with distilled water.
Here is my ging body build up, then my Inc body build up on a emax frame.

2019-8-15 11-37-33.jpg

2019-8-15 11-50-2.jpg

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
From some one that has wasted enough time doing it wrong with e.Max. (wrong press oven) Trust me...and all the other posts, this material done right will make you lots of money for a very small investment.

In the beginning you should be thinking about getting good pressings and what furnace you're going the go with. That costs a lot more than the porcelain kits, and is more important in my opinion....you can't layer any porcelain if you don't have a good press to put it on!!

Which press oven do you recommend?

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Zubler vario press
Was oven I used to use
We no longer press
Everything is milled