Emax CAD Parameters

G

grant somers

Reaction score
Hi all,
Having a problem with the fit on EMax CAD blocks...I know they have a shrinkage factor after crystallisation. Does any on have any parameters to compensate for this? Using DWX 4 unfortunately with 3 shapes.
Thanks in advance.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I believe its .2% CHL

During the crystallization process, the microstructure becomes transformed and densification of 0.2% takes places. The milling software takes this densification factor into account. Therefore, the milled IPS e.max CAD restorations demonstrate precision fit after crystallization

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Start with adding .01 to the tool compensation for the intaglio surface. Step it up to .02 if needed. I would do this before changing any of the spacer settings.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I always thought it was 0.4%. Either way, increase your cement space in your design (for 3shape 0.04 cement and 0.09 extra cement gap for my imes 350i seems to work),or if your CAM software has the feature, modify the internal surface offset (0.01 in SUM3D).This is from burr deflection and your spindle not having enough power to appropriately 'grind' emax.

Oddly relevant, take a look at a recent post on my blog from yesterday about different machines and their e.max CAD milling capabilities:

http://dentaltechtips.com/blog/why-the-mcxl-is-the-best-e-max-cad-mill-out-there/

Best of luck to you!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Oue emax E.Cad setting for 3Shape and milled on Hybrid select are cement gap 0.015 extra cement gap 0.050 Distance to margin line 0.60 Smooth Distance 0.20 Liner space 0.10 Margin line offset 0.20 Offset angle 65 Extension offset 0.15 Drill compensation offset 0.670 Drill Radius 0.655. Every units drops right in and very good fit. Now Roland might not do well with these settings. I fine tuned the spacer and drill radius to our mill.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Oue emax E.Cad setting for 3Shape and milled on Hybrid select are cement gap 0.015 extra cement gap 0.050 Distance to margin line 0.60 Smooth Distance 0.20 Liner space 0.10 Margin line offset 0.20 Offset angle 65 Extension offset 0.15 Drill compensation offset 0.670 Drill Radius 0.655. Every units drops right in and very good fit. Now Roland might not do well with these settings. I fine tuned the spacer and drill radius to our mill.
Agreed, start by bumping settings up by 0.01 increments to find your own 'sweet spot'... Don't change too many settings at once either because it might be hard to determine what's actually helping vs. what's being over-done and causing inaccuracies.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
mill a block

download and run GOM inspection software

scan the block before you do anything to it. don't even cut it out.

compare the scan and the milled file

post results.

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Shrinkage of emax? ) oh, not even once got mention about that, milling 20-30 units per month, fit perfect before and after crystallization.
Im lucky probably.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hi all,
Having a problem with the fit on EMax CAD blocks...I know they have a shrinkage factor after crystallisation. Does any on have any parameters to compensate for this? Using DWX 4 unfortunately with 3 shapes.
Thanks in advance.
How do you like the Roland DWX-4W?

G

grant somers

Reaction score
How do you like the Roland DWX-4W?
I cant say i am enjoying it that much.... but have not milled a lot on it so far..... just feel it is not accurate enough.Bur changing has also been a problem...sometimes it pushed the burs down into holder sometimes does not....bottom line....not happy.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I cant say i am enjoying it that much.... but have not milled a lot on it so far..... just feel it is not accurate enough.Bur changing has also been a problem...sometimes it pushed the burs down into holder sometimes does not....bottom line....not happy.
How long have you had it for? Has the training and support been good from your reseller? I'm in the market for a wet mill to mill emax

G

grant somers

Reaction score
How long have you had it for? Has the training and support been good from your reseller? I'm in the market for a wet mill to mill emax
The training was good....think we have had a few unique issues where i stay (Western Australia) although the general support (post training) has been poor. I also need to upgrade our Millbox it seems.... as it is not recording the Emax Cad shrinkages as sugested above.... (if you look at the above thread).My clients need literally 100% marginal fit and it seems like the burs just cant mill to that level when viewed under a 10X microscope the margins are still open a little too much for my liking.I also have a Roland Dry mill and that mills 100%...but Emax Cad in wet mill has not been up to scratch.....i have also heard other buyers complain of similar issues that we are having.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
The training was good....think we have had a few unique issues where i stay (Western Australia) although the general support (post training) has been poor. I also need to upgrade our Millbox it seems.... as it is not recording the Emax Cad shrinkages as sugested above.... (if you look at the above thread).My clients need literally 100% marginal fit and it seems like the burs just cant mill to that level when viewed under a 10X microscope the margins are still open a little too much for my liking.I also have a Roland Dry mill and that mills 100%...but Emax Cad in wet mill has not been up to scratch.....i have also heard other buyers complain of similar issues that we are having.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have a Roland DWX-50. It's a beauty. But wet milling from what I hear is a whole different animal. If you could go back I'd assume you wouldn't buy it? Could you recommend any other ones?

G

grant somers

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have a Roland DWX-50. It's a beauty. But wet milling from what I hear is a whole different animal. If you could go back I'd assume you wouldn't buy it? Could you recommend any other ones?
i wouldn't buy it.....i think it depends on your price range...have not really thought about an alternative....probably look at the MC X5.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
i wouldn't buy it.....i think it depends on your price range...have not really thought about an alternative....probably look at the MC X5.
Thank you Grant for your feedback and honesty...I know someone with that mill, I will inquire. I am also interested in the Versamill 5x400