emax CAD margin chips/cracks

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Ive been experimenting with emax CAD. I can't say I love it but it is quite nice... and a big time saver - not to mention no investment bubbles to dig out.
The fits have been good... especially on TI custom abutments.
I have noticed one problem and was curious if anyone else has experienced the same?
often I SEE HORIZONTAL CRACK-LINES THAT YOU CAN CHIP OFF WITH LITTLE PRESSURE. I do all of my margin finishing after crystallization the same as emax press sometimes the cracks appear early-on and sometimes at glaze. every thing is fully supported during each firing and I am extremely careful about grinding and polishing overheats.
Any thoughts???

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
could it be from your mill? causing micro-fractures that are exacerbated after crystallization?

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
could it be from your mill? causing micro-fractures that are exacerbated after crystallization?
I suspected that but purposefully didn't mention it because I was hoping it was something I had control over - and could correct. I am outsourcing to two milling houses and see the same results from both.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
We had those often with Cerec/emax cad, rarely see any of these types of issues with press. But I agree the production time and effort when they go well is hard to ignore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Why not adjust in blue state?

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Why not adjust in blue state?
I've tried... same problem.
I have seen these cracks appear at the margins after crystallization with no adjustment at all in green state.
I'm beginning to think there are weak areas that might be caused during milling. Also... these are on deep shoulder preps. Not only skinny margins.

Top Bottom