Electro etching a maryland bridge in bath

B

Beldent

Reaction score
Hello, what do you use as a solution for a "acid bath" to electro etch a maryland bridge? The solution we use to buy from Yates and Bird is no longer available and they don't offer any replacement... If any, how do you proceed to etch your maryland bridge in lab? Kind regards.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We always did it without electroetch and with chemistry from Bisco.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wasn't allowed to do that. Only the boss handled that. Didn't want any chance of someone spilling on themselves.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just get some “Etch-It” metal etching gel from your supplier.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hello, what do you use as a solution for a "acid bath" to electro etch a maryland bridge? The solution we use to buy from Yates and Bird is no longer available and they don't offer any replacement... If any, how do you proceed to etch your maryland bridge in lab? Kind regards.
Used to be used on alloys containing Be, that was what was etched out. Now Be is not available due to health risks. Not sure if etching even works anymore since that change. Please, I welcome anyone's input on this subject also 🙂

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Used to be used on alloys containing Be, that was what was etched out. Now Be is not available due to health risks. Not sure if etching even works anymore since that change. Please, I welcome anyone's input on this subject also 🙂
Alloys with Be are still available.

Top Bottom