eating with retainers in

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
Seems To Be Some Debate About Patients Eating With Thier Retainers And Other Appliances In. Anyone Have Any Pros And Cons To This. A Office Just Gave Me A Reason For Wearing The Retainers While Eating Because Of The Muscles Used You Can Have A Collapse Of The Former And Current Movement During Mastication....I Think That The Retainer Acrylic Is Not As Strong As Denture Acrylic And Wires Just Dont Hold Up Well Under The Pressure Of Food And Mastication. I Have Had At Least 2 Drs That Have Said The Acrylic Shoukd Hold Up....go

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, just pointing out how there was a band in the early 1990's named Mastication. thats all. i have no opinion or input on your topic, having never delved into Ortho at all. you may disregard these posts if you wish.

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
I Found A Reference To Wearing ELSAA's Full Time Including During Meals...His Book Was Publoshed In 1990 By Harry S Orton OBE... Non Of The Appliance Designs Have Posterior Acrylic Bite Planes. They Have Either One Or More Of Occlusial Rest And Denture Rests....Also They Seem To Be Using Denture Acrylic As They Reference Flasking....Which I Wasnt Trained To Do In Ortho Retainer Construction...