E4D Dentist

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone knows about this system and how it compares to the Cerec system. There is not a lab version yet like Sirona's InLab, but I'm sure there will be in the near future. Here's there site if anyone wants to have a look. (e4d.com)

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
It looks like an amazing system. I saw it in action last November. The software is well thought out. The camera uses standard digital photo technology , so the "spray paint" of the Cerec system is not needed. The information can be sent to a separate milling system. Their milling system is much heavier and well built than the Cerec, as well, and is set up to hold large blocks, so that 3-unit FPD's can be built with the CAD/CAM technology (once this feature is released...in the near future). I would like to have one in the next few years !!

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Schein has been saying that they were going to have a lab (E4D) unit the last 5 or 6 years now. Cerec inLAB can mill 3 unit frameworks easily, as well as 4, 5, 6 unit frames. The Sirona system can handle a block up to 65mm. The Sirona system mills: wax, acrylic, lithium discilicate, Leucite Glass, zirconia & alumina materials. The system has open architecture. Check out www.inlab.com

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Sirona system can handle a block up to 65mm. The Sirona system mills: wax, acrylic, lithium discilicate, Leucite Glass, zirconia & alumina materials. The system has open architecture. Check out www.inlab.com

Open System?? They didn't want me to play with them when I called.
I offered to do some wax printing for local labs and Docs who I know very well. Sirona (top people in NC) would not unlock the files for me to print. Maybe that will change.

3M did unlock their files, and we can do whatever we want pretty much.
As long as you get a .stl file as output, your "OPEN" if not.....then it's NOT OPEN. I've never seen an .stl file from any Sirona device. They are all encrypted.
D4D told me to come check out the lab mill. It's almost ready for market. I hope without the dangling dingle dongle fees, and I hope "open"

I have heard that some labs love the InLab for Emax, but are they actually making any money, or just playing around? Anybody buy two InLab systems besides Glidewell? That would mean alot to me. Obviously that lab would have figured out how to fill one up and buy another as a happy repeat customer.

Last edited:
aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I read somewhere that somebody will be making a machine that will mill using a laser only. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that. I think the biggest cost with machines like the E4D Dentist and the InLab is replacing burs. I could be wrong.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You can send a bur to hundreds of places to have it copied.
(for half-cost)
The Femtosecond Laser Ablation milling machines will be ready in maybe eight years. They exists now, but are waaaaaay too expensive.
One good looking patent was filed late 2007 from Germany (University of Frankfurt/ Laser Zentrum Hannover/ Kugler GmbH),so give it five-six years of R&D, then ???

It makes plenty of toxic vapors (boooo)

How about a laser bong? That would sell!

Scott

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone knows about this system and how it compares to the Cerec system. There is not a lab version yet like Sirona's InLab, but I'm sure there will be in the near future. Here's there site if anyone wants to have a look. (e4d.com)

I was told by the one person that would know! that the e4d lab version hopely will be released around Nov 09. He told me this unit will do Everything that the inlab will do....
At that time, they hadn't decided about dongles or not.......Who knows when it will be released for sure !!
Kind of makes me think that there is something really different or special about this system for it to not already be on the market.........

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
@ ***
A laser bong could be dangerous, hmmmmmm.....

@ charles007
The E4D should be special. Actually, it should offer something the InLab doesn't have to make people want their system.