e.max stain & glaze posterior

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Just sent out this case for Dr. evaluation. I wanted to see how e.max stain & glaze will look in the clinical setting. The Rx called for PFM's which I sent as well. I will post results once I get them !!
Here is the maxillary first molar......
e. molar.jpg e. molar 2.jpg Molar stained.003.jpg Molar stained.004.jpg Molar stained.005.jpg

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Nice molar! Try to add more translucency using grey and blue stain on 3/4 of molar surface and incisel edges of the molar next time and you'll see a big difference.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Just sent out this case for Dr. evaluation. I wanted to see how e.max stain & glaze will look in the clinical setting. The Rx called for PFM's which I sent as well. I will post results once I get them !!
Here is the maxillary first molar......

Thats nice Russ.

Is that from your occlusal forms?
Are they preformed wax or are they molds you put wax in and them peel away.

Thanks

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Very nice. Did you use a LT ingot? Great idea for convincing Drs. To switch to emax. Thanks for sharing

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Nice molar! Try to add more translucency using grey and blue stain on 3/4 of molar surface and incisel edges of the molar next time and you'll see a big difference.

Thanks Ed..... I will see how this looks and take into consideration your idea.

Russ

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Russ, really nice photography and layout.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Can't say it enough, love your photography and the way you broke it down in steps :)

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Thats nice Russ.

Is that from your occlusal forms?
Are they preformed wax or are they molds you put wax in and them peel away.

Thanks

Al,

Hand waxed !:) I can hand wax them almost as fast as using my Biofit molds....
Finals0009001.jpg Finals0016.jpg Finals0026.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I used a MO1 for this one.

Russ

MO? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought HO and MO are only for the layering technique, not recommended full contour or cut-back technique, that's what LT, HT, and now Impulse are for?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
MO ?...I thought his name was Russ?

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
MO? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought HO and MO are only for the layering technique, not recommended full contour or cut-back technique, that's what LT, HT, and now Impulse are for?

Why is that Rob ?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al,

Hand waxed !:) I can hand wax them almost as fast as using my Biofit molds....

No way, your not pulling my leg are you? I do ALOT of waxing and thats a beautiful wax up for a hand wax or not using an occ mold. Very difficult to hand wax that detail.

When I cut sprues I usually cut them fairly close like you did but if you do a thinner press like veneers leave a little more sprue or you will often get a small crack on the restoration starting at the sprue.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
No way, your not pulling my leg are you? I do ALOT of waxing and thats a beautiful wax up for a hand wax or not using an occ mold. Very difficult to hand wax that detail.

When I cut sprues I usually cut them fairly close like you did but if you do a thinner press like veneers leave a little more sprue or you will often get a small crack on the restoration starting at the sprue.

Al,
Not pulling your leg ! When/if you take my 2day hands-on waxing Course, you will see how simple it really is.
Thanks for the sprue tips. I learned a lesson when I started using Pulse pressed to metal.... lol

Russ
Course 1 a.115.jpg Course 1 b.118.jpg Course 1 c.124.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
As far as i was aware, there is no detrimental difference in the composition of the MO material to either LT or HT or even HO.

the reason MO isn't indicated for fc or cut back is because it is deemed to opaque, or so i thought. Other than that, there is no reason not to use it for FC.

Maybe someone knows different.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nice work Russ. I think I can answer why you opted to use the MO1 vs an LTA1...because the Doctor prescribed PFMs, there likely wasnt a stump shade provided, so youre a little more safe with the extra masking of the MO. As long as its not in the smile line, stain will work, and the MO actually maintains its value better than an LT in the more shadowed area.

The only critique I could suggest is to drop way back on the f/stop. The current configuration (f/32 ??) is giving such a shallow field of focus, it doesnt encompass the whole tooth.

Please update with the Doctors comments. Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
As far as i was aware, there is no detrimental difference in the composition of the MO material to either LT or HT or even HO.

the reason MO isn't indicated for fc or cut back is because it is deemed to opaque, or so i thought. Other than that, there is no reason not to use it for FC.

Maybe someone knows different.

That makes sense, I never heard of folks using it as a full contour is why I asked.....leave it to Russ to think out of the box for us :) Your waxing class is on my to do list for sure....that's crazy waxing skills.