e.max , one bake and glaze

M

martintay

Reaction score
Great job - I think Nondas is the man :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Drizzt,
Great job, can you post pics with crowns in the pt. mouth?. Thanks

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Tayeb , I will when I go back to the lab .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Drizzt, I know that's not your name and I know you said it earlier but bare with me, I've been sniffing porcelain for a couple decades. I really like the incisal trans, reminds me of Als work in that regard and your texture/sheen is spot on brother. Now to something that caught my eye, in your first case on this thread, the lingual view of the centrals...the contacts between them should be broader from incisal to cervical in my opinion. I know you're going for greatness and comments, sure I'm probably not the the guy to nick pick such a pretty case but if I was too, thats what I saw...either way, keep posting brother...loving it.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Rob , in no way I am here for picking comments and praize and " How nice everything is " ! No way brother ! I want people to tell me what they see . Trust me , I know very well that I am far from being the super technician , obsverving other people's great work and the macro lens can make someone very humble !

You're right about the contact area , it should have been bigger . Thank you very much for the comment . Next time , I will try me best to make it better !

Dimitris

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Tayeb , these are 4 zirconium crowns , layered with e.max . One bake for them also .

Another 4 zirconium crowns here

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Good job, Dimitris and thanks for posting these beautiful pics, i hope you are paid enough to continue doing great work. Do you fabricate all your ceramic work from trimmed dies put in impression and poured again?.
Just a note, pardon me, i am not trying to criticized here, but that small triangle between the centrals on your first pic with some clients i have they need it to be closed ( even though it squares out the shape of the centrals),what do you think?.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words Tayeb ! I am not paid as much as I want , but I have to consider the bad financial situation of Greece also . Hopefully I will be paid in the future !

I always pour 2 models . One sectioned and one solid . After I make the framework , I am building on the solid model . I want to have the gingiva , and gingiva silicone mask is not working for me , too elastic .

Now regarding the first pic , the doc meassured the depth of the gingiva until he reached bone , and he told me it is ok and the trinagle will close . I will see the patient in a month and shoot some pics then also .

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Dimitris for the explanation,
again, great job my friend. My school's ceramic instructor at Magna Institute in the seventies a Greek gentleman by the name of John kutafis( i may misspelled the name) who went back to Greece in the early eighties to teach at Athens Uneversity.. Do you know him?. I know it is a long time ago.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Again thank you . I am afraid I don't know your teacher , I am only 28 years old ! But I am sure he was good if he was teaching in the U.S. and after that in Athens !

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
28 years old! Unreal , beautiful and inspiring work for any age.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
There are techs who have the talent to fabricate an incredible work with passion and knowlage, without worrying on the amount of crowns that have to leave the lab door everyday, after a long day of war with price cutting labs who caters to ( cowns to go ) dentists.

At 28 he is not just an excellent ceramist, he is a nice person who answers the question promptly without that upper-lip boloney we see.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Guys really , you make blush ! Thank you so much ! I have been doing ceramics for almost 4 years , and this place here has helped me a lot . It is a great school for me .

Tayeb , I wish I could not care about how many crowns I make every day . Unfortunately , this is not the case . I am running a bussiness and I have people and bills to pay , so profit is important . So far , my costumers aprecciate that we are giving our best to produce a nice restoration for them and the patient , and they are not switching to cheaper labs . I trully believe that every professional that invests in quality , can't lose on the long term . This is my mentality .

Bob , again thank you very much !

corona

corona

Reaction score
Hey Tayebdental , I first preppared the core with glaze liquid and sprinkled some neutral powder on it . After that I started the build up with with a mix of D A2 and DD A2 , 50/50 , to the cervical area . After that CT op to the cervical area . Then I used a 2:1 mix of D A1+OE4 for the rest of the tooth . I finished the shape of the incisal with a mix of the previous mix (D A1+OE4) and 50% T Neutral . Then I reduced where needed , made the mamelons . After that , I used a 1:1 mix of OE Violet and OE 1 to the area right below the mamelons , almost to the middle . I then put some OE 1 to the spaces I had created when I cut for the mamelons , and also some OE4 . After that , I used a 2:1 mix of TI 1 and T Neutral and covered the whole tooth . Last , for the Halo effect , I used a 2:1 mix of Mamelon Light and Mamelon Salmon . I then baked , I adjusted contact points and made the surface texture and applied some glaze liquid and some stains . After that , polished with rubber wheels , diamond paste and finished .[/quote

Nice Job! All those powders and layering really do make a difference . Take that monolithic and all you monolithic techs ! Stratifiers kick a$$. corona

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey Corona , thank you for your nice comment . I don't like monolithic either , but when someone asks for it , I do that . I wouldn't do that for anteriors though .

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Dimities, you live in Greece and you wright in alot better English than I, it seems that you grew up in an English speaking country or?.