sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
love that EMax! very very well done!

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Bravo Dim, merveilleuse réalisation , c'est éblouissant ! :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Love everything about those! Shape is fantastic, love the incisal edges, not just the color but the actual shape of the edges, very natural. What did you use for the core, and what was the thickness of the core and porcelain at finish?

Hey desertfox 384 ,

First of all thank you for the nice comments !! For this case , I had plenty of space to play with . The core is MO1 , because I had a discolored tooth to cover . Thickness of the core is 0.4-0.5 . The thickness of the finished crown is around 1.3 .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks disturbed , I really liked this case it was so much fun .

J-Y , thank you so much for your kind words ! This case has a French touch in it . The technique is from the grand-master Gerald Ubassy himself . He is my idol .

P.S. In a month I will have a new scanner with Exocad in the lab ! :)

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Dimitris, what ingot did you use for the core? Thanks Tad

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hey desertfox 384 ,

First of all thank you for the nice comments !! For this case , I had plenty of space to play with . The core is MO1 , because I had a discolored tooth to cover . Thickness of the core is 0.4-0.5 . The thickness of the finished crown is around 1.3 .

What do you think the average thickness would be if the cores were in LT ? Just curious the thickness you normally shoot for to receive results like this in emax.. Any differences in thickness when using zirconia as compared to emax,,in general ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
LT the thickness would be about the same for me. Just did one yesterday in fact. If you have the room for .4-.5mm of core MO and LT do very well. Mine won't look nearly as good though, I don't have .9mm additionally to layer lol (and you clearly have some honed stacking skills!)
1.2-1.5mm is fantastic. Especially on veneers like this, even more so when masking a dark stump.

Zirconia I can't help you with though. I'm not a raving fan and none of my clients are either.
Again, great job!!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
What do you think the average thickness would be if the cores were in LT ? Just curious the thickness you normally shoot for to receive results like this in emax.. Any differences in thickness when using zirconia as compared to emax,,in general ?

It really depends on each case . Too many variables . Preperation , color of prepped tooth , space . I usually have a thickness from 0.3 to 0.5 . If I didn't have to cover the dicoloration , I would use probably the impulse ingots . I relly like them , and the esthetics are super nice . Almost as a feldspathic . Just the core , and Opal Effect powders . I made a veneers like that , and the total thicknes , core+porcelain(8-9 powders) was 0.8 . The aesthetics were amazing . It was for a course and we tried it on a natural tooth with try in from Variolink , it was awesome .

Here is a picture .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
LT the thickness would be about the same for me. Just did one yesterday in fact. If you have the room for .4-.5mm of core MO and LT do very well. Mine won't look nearly as good though, I don't have .9mm additionally to layer lol (and you clearly have some honed stacking skills!)
1.2-1.5mm is fantastic. Especially on veneers like this, even more so when masking a dark stump.

Zirconia I can't help you with though. I'm not a raving fan and none of my clients are either.
Again, great job!!!

Actually to be honest , I like MO ingots a lot . So I am not using much of LT . I would wax the core differently if it was LT for sure , and use very little Dentin powders .

Thanks for the nice comments !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Charles , for zirconia my cores are 0.4 thick . I have made some centrals with translucent zirc and minimal layering with OE powders and Insical , with total thicknes of 1 . They came out nicely .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Not talking about thickness of core.. With emax we work with as little core thickness as we think you can get away with and not sacrifice strength ..
I'm talking about total thickness of finished crown..

C

charles007

Reaction score
Dimitris, do you think emax has a slight edge when working with thinner finished crowns,, facial.buccal
My zir cores are set at .4 also..
Just wondering if max looks better when layered powders are thinner.

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Hey Dimitris, Do u have any pics of cutback crowns and Veneers? Im loving your work, and I know this may be personal and feel free not to answer but how much do u charge for a crown like the ones pictured above? and whats your location?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Really nice and smooth luster on your finishes now !!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey Dimitris, Do u have any pics of cutback crowns and Veneers? Im loving your work, and I know this may be personal and feel free not to answer but how much do u charge for a crown like the ones pictured above? and whats your location?

Hey ADS , I have no pics of cutback crowns and veneers I am afraid . I am not a huge fan of this technique . I always want to layer some porcelain , even if it is just a little bit .

I have no problem answer your question , I am not ashamed of what I charge . I am located in Chania in Greece , financial crisis Greece . I am charging 90 euros for an e.max crown like the one you see . I want to charge more , but unfortunately the financial situation is not good right now . I am not complaining , I had the money I invested on the e.max system (Programat EP 3000 and ingots and ceramics ) back in 6 months since I bought it , so I guess my plan is working .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Really nice and smooth luster on your finishes now !!

Yes it is smooth now ! And you have played some part on it ! Thanks for the great advice , as I have told you before , I have learnt a lot just from looking at your pictures and reading your posts . Thanks man !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dimitris, do you think emax has a slight edge when working with thinner finished crowns,, facial.buccal
My zir cores are set at .4 also..
Just wondering if max looks better when layered powders are thinner.

That is a tough question !

If I had to compare a 1 mm thick zir and e.max crown , layered with a very thin layer of powders , then I think e.max would have the upper hand . Zirc is too reflective I think , e.max , even MO ingots , if you stain the core a little bit at the foundation bake , you can get awesome results . But it really depends on what you have underneath and what ingot is used . I have seen some e.max with LT , cutback only at the incisal area , and 4-5 powders , and the result was stunning . I haven't tried it yet on my own . I have also seen some zirc with 0.1-0.2 cutback and some powders and they also looked awesome . I think it really comes at what each one is comfortable with .