E.max Lateral over Zir Abutment. Crackline help....

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I do it like Tom Moore and using Creation on PFM's it is easy to do with innova crackliner. BUT!!!! what do you do on EMAX????
I tried the white stain, it disappears, I got the empress crackliner, it disappears. The stuff is not opaque enough. I do all the work and after the bake it is barely visible. I am soo frustrated because I can't fgure out a good way of doing this.

Luckily we are just not ask for many crack lines in my part of the market. Most of the patients that generate the work I do understand they are not in the front of the plane and only expect 6 honey roasted peanuts and a small plastic cup of diet coke.

We use surface stains on emax and they are not that great but those are some things that will be worked out in emax over time.

Whats next crack lines in allz crowns?

JonB

JonB

Reaction score
Just now catching up on my reading...

Did I say I hate single centrals. Pay thousands of dollar to learn this kind stuff just so you can match that single central on the third or forth try.

I do a lot more single centrals and laterals than ever. For some reason I'm blessed with extremely conservative doctors - none of them want to make a killing doing unnecessary cosmetic veneers and crowns across the esthetic zone. Just one tooth at a time. ugh!

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I do it like Tom Moore and using Creation on PFM's it is easy to do with innova crackliner. BUT!!!! what do you do on EMAX????
I tried the white stain, it disappears, I got the empress crackliner, it disappears. The stuff is not opaque enough. I do all the work and after the bake it is barely visible. I am soo frustrated because I can't fgure out a good way of doing this.

do it like rkm said with water not glaze, and don't use vacuum the white crack will be whiter

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
after I built my porcelain, with a razor I make the crack line than i con dance with an instrument tap tap. Bake, then with high fusing white stain mixed with water I fill the crack, bake no vacuum . then fill the crack wit translucent porcelain bake, glaze.

E

Elab

Reaction score
Want a white stain that doesn't fade away when glazing? The best that I've ever found is d.SIGN White Paste Opaque Modifier. Not sure if that's the exact name, but it came with my d.SIGN paste opaque kit.

For a crack on a monolithic emax. First apply the paste glaze, don't thin with glaze liquid. Then with a very sharp pointed instrument (I use a real small endo file on an albino porcupine quill, couldn't find any sea urchins, sorry). Get your stain on the very tip and just pull it through the glaze. If you don't have to much on the tip the line will be very thin. More stain on tip, thicker line. The white d.SIGN opaque works well with this technique.